DIY Coilover installation

MrSinister

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a set of TEIN coilovers and have been trying to install them myself into my '98 Accord EX V6 Coupe. I did the front pair with ease, process took me about 45 minutes in total. The problem is that I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to gain access to the top of the rear strut housings. I've removed the trunk liner and have dropped the rear seats to try and find a way, but nothing.

How do I access the rear strut housings? Anyone?

Thanks in advance. =]

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
first fold down the rear seat, remove the plastic on the top where seat runs along. And BAM!

MrSinister

Reaction score
I gotta inspect everything again because last time i checked, i did not find any signs of clips or anything of the sort. Also, the cover wasn't made of plastic...it was some sort of metal.

finch13

Reaction score
its tucked behind the side pieces of seat that do not fold down.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

adidascanada

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a set of TEIN coilovers and have been trying to install them myself into my '98 Accord EX V6 Coupe. I did the front pair with ease, process took me about 45 minutes in total. The problem is that I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to gain access to the top of the rear strut housings. I've removed the trunk liner and have dropped the rear seats to try and find a way, but nothing.

How do I access the rear strut housings? Anyone?

Thanks in advance. =]

Under the rear sill

http://picasaweb.google.com/adidascanada/Misc?feat=directlink

Last edited:

juicebox00

Reaction score
no, on either side of the folding part of the seat is a little section of the seat that you can'y move. you'll have to lift lift up the lower part of the seat to find a screw holding down the side seat part and remove the screw. then pull off the 2 side parts and snap off the plastic part along the ridge of the back seat and bam!...lol

MrSinister

Reaction score
I feel so dumb now that I took off that one plastic piece and found everything. Haha, thanks guys.

I'll post some pictures up once the coils are in and the car is dropped.

Thanks once again.

Back