DIY cold air intake, CAI (PICS & Video!)

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i think you got worse mileage because you liked the sound of the intake so you hit the gas more than you normally would. happens to lots of people, myself included

Mikey

Reaction score
Eh. At first, yes. But after so long, I drove normally.

Btw, the lack of resonator doesnt add any sound at all. Granted, I have a cat-back and all the sound I hear is it, but there is almost no sound coming from the engine bay, at VTEC.

Sunoveabesh

Reaction score
I had my CAI on one day as I drove down from Beorne to San Antonio as it was raining swimming pools, if I went over 70 my check engine light would flash. I was wondering, has anyone ran their car with the modifided airbox in the rain yet???

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i had my airbox and resonator removed, and the filter was held on by a belt i had. rain was never a problem, its just like a short ram like that

Mikey

Reaction score
It's been raining all day and I havent had any issues. In fact, I just got home from being out in the rain. No issues.

juv290

Reaction score
ive driven in rain and gone through about a foot high puddle with no problems, oh and also passed smog last month lol :peace:

David_Van

Reaction score
I actually did this today, not because I wanted to but because I had to. My projector was too long and I had to remove the airbox. In my opinion, my car does sound more aggressive at vtec. Just slightly though.

Mikey

Reaction score
I cant hear it anymore. Might be because I hear the exhaust though. I do hear it beef up a bit but, obviously, not as loud as an aftermarket SRI.

Back