cut open to expose wires
lemon009.jpg

i didnt know which was power so i used a led to test it
lemon010.jpg

white is power and orange is neg
lemon011.jpg

spliced
lemon015.jpg

put the case back in. i took the bulb out so it wouldnt conflict with the color.
lemon018.jpg

mounted inverter there
lemon019.jpg

life is good?
lemon022.jpg

lemon023.jpg

lemon002-13.jpg

:hide: :squintrun:

TheHunter

Reaction score
really going to feel bad for whoever buys the hacked up car from you :eh:

Hehe, everyone needs a car that they can really tinker with. My first car was the same way, I hacked the crap out of it, but learned a ton.

Lol one thing I did- it was a cb7 - I took out the rear... 5 1/2 or 6 inch speakers, cut holes in the rear deck and put 6x9's in. But I cut the hole too big on one of them and had to use a piece of plywood to fill it back in. Man that car was ghettoed out, but I loved it! haha

Looks good lemon! A little ghetto way to do it sure, but the lighting is nice.

kevinbo03

Rollin' OEM style
Reaction score
Not going to act like I was the first person to do this mod, But I did write a guide on it previously (Along with the license plate guide you wrote).

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?p=357151#post357151

Very important part for the trunk lights- I would highly recommend wiring in diodes as the current sometimes flows backwards when it is first turned on. This will blow the internal fuse on the inverters, which requires some experience to replace (very precise soldering, heat sensitive parts requiring heat pump, etc).

They are easily obtainable at radio shack and most electronics stores. Get ones with low resistance ratings, small glass-type switching diodes work great. Cylindrical black ones tend to have high ohm ratings, and will dim or break your cathodes from supplying far too low voltage. If you have any doubts test your wiring with 50ma load, look for 11v or more.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
another awesome wiring job lemon :ugh:

im sure youll learn to do it right eventually. maybe after that **** catches on fire.

Back