DIY: coolant by pass and breather

xluben

Reaction score
BadgerType said:
if u want an oil cc, make one for under 20 bux
here's mine:

i had it in before i got my engine swapped. i would fill up about once per tank of gas.

the other day i noticed that the walmart by me had the filters on clearance for like $5! (in the auto section)

it's just and air filter and some fittings, btw. i hacked up the stock hose.

they also sell a much bigger air filter at home depot (right next to this one) that can be used if you don't want to empty it as much,
but it will probably need to be located somewhere else in your engine bay.

also, since i no longer use mine i could sell it to someone for ~$20 shipped. send a pm if you're interested, i can get pics up if you'd like.

Nemo619

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
Why would you put that on your PCV?? Do you know the function of you PCV??

I thought that was the wrong location when I looked at it. I wonder if that was one of the reasons you had problems with your old engine, and if not, could that have attributed to it? :confused:

xluben

Reaction score
well, it should have been before the pcv valve, but this was easier.

and it's still doing it's job by keeping blowby oil out of the intake manifold, just not quite as well as if it were before the pcv valve.

my engine problems were happening way before i put this thing in. due to the amount i was collecting it made me think that i probably had a bad piston ring letting a lot of oil by, as well as a bad head gasket, because my coolant had oil in it.

xluben

Reaction score
yeah, adding up all the probably repairs that needed to be done and swapping the engine just made more sense.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
ok so are these needed for our cars and where exactly does this go?

Back