DIY Debadge

6genaccord

Reaction score
see i don't know how the paint comes up that easily... i just ripped mine and hassan's off and handed him goo gone...

beardohio

Reaction score
I'm just starting to look into this, my car is an '01, has been garaged most of her life so there isn't much sun fading. How well do you think it will turn out afterwards??

Raggaman

Reaction score
^^ After moving to phoenix, my accord debadged itself under the hot sun. Even after frequent washings and direct sunlight, I can still see a ghost emblem

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Even with a "ghost emblem" it should start to fade out over time. You have paint that hasn't seen any light and some that has faded. The part that hasn't seen light will fade faster. Obviously if your paint has faded badly (you will know this when you take the emblem off) it will take much longer and may never go fully away. Most likely, you will see it fade in a year or so to the point you have to look for it if not up close.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Even if there is ghosting, just wetsand the area, apply some spray clearcoat, wetsand again, polish compound, wax and you're done! Nothing hard about it at all. :coffee:

SuperMidget

Reaction score
argg I didn't think that the rear honda logo would have pegs that slide into two holes in the trunk! I think i'm just gonna super glue it back on and just debadge the 'accord special edition' logo... Anyone know if THAT logo is just glued or does it have 'pegs' as well?
:andy:

Back