DIY-Hood pin install

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got tired of my cf hood always rattling and making me think it was going to fly up on the freeway so I bought some hood pins and figured i'd make a diy since I didn't see one

This is my first diy thread so im sure its not the greatest but its easy to understand

I am not responsible for any damages to your hood if you're not careful

Difficulty 1-10: 3
Tools needed:
Drill
Drill bits ranging from small to large
Dremel w/sanding attachment
screwdriver
measuring tape

1. open hood and find the largest hole behind your headlights to mount the rods to and use one washer and one nut for top and bottom mount. Just get them snug, don't tighten all the way because you will need to adjust them later. Should look like this when done

2. Next you need to find what spot you will need to drill into. I used a dab of car wax on top of the rod and gently set the hood down so it would transfer over to the hood. Next grab a small drill bit and drill straight through the hood on that spot and after each drill bit move up in size so you don't damage anything by using too big of a bit too soon. When you get the hole slightly bigger then the rod use a dremel to smooth out the hole and widen it if need be

3. After the hole is proper size with no rubbing issues close the hood and begin install on the top part. Lay the top piece down and latch it like if it was already installed if you want the hood pins to be in a certain angle now is the time do it by rotating the rods installed in step 1.
When the proper angel you want is there take a small drill bit that's slightly smaller then the screws and drill a hole for each screw(3)
then install screws and make sure the pin slides into the rod and will secure itself without any issues.

4. Repeat steps 1-3 on other side and you're finished

Finished product:

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
Nice werk homeboy looks good. Might I suggest using a little bit of clear nail Polish on the lip of the hole you cut in your hood. This helps to prevent stress cracks from developing in your clear coat.

Back