DIY installing turbo

turbo_911

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was thinking if there are any DIY's or if we could make one for everyone that's going to install turbo and use this guide?

I know there is a lot of information already but I thought if its possible to put all info in one thread and possible put picture of install too?

And please don't flame me if there is familiar thread like that, I did searched but couldn't find anything that looked like DIY.

Thanks

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I can make one for my particular setup.. as long as it's going to be worth it, used, and appreciated by the community. I don't want to waste my time writing a huge detailed write-up if dumbass noobs are going to be flaming aspects of my build or calling me out on sh*t that they know nothing about.

The main reason why no 'standard' DIY for turbo has been created, is because not all turbo setups are created equally. Any aspect can be varied to different dimensions and result in various outcomes, depending on the combination of components used and their characteristics.

As I recommended turbo_911, I will also recommend to the rest of you this link: http://beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

All other questions should come only after this guide is read, 3 times or more over again until understanding of the material is grasped. This way, all the basics and theory is covered and we can move on to more detailed issues.

You might have better luck asking this same question over at v6p.net. just a thought

He has much more chances finding a DIY for an I4 here, than on V6P (if there was a DIY). There are a bit more turbo F23A1's here than on V6P, especially since it's mostly V6's there.

same here im lookin up turbo kits now sorta on a budget so ebay will be my friend again!

No it definitely won't. If that's the mindset you have now, then you should just quit while you're ahead. Don't just go shopping on eBay for turbo sh*t... :facepalm:. If there is stuff you want to get for the turbo on eBay, then you better make sure it's all brand-name and sold by authorized dealers, or have pictured proof of authenticity. The words turbo, budget, and eBay used together already raise red flags for me as far as how you're build will progress if you ever decide to start. Be sure you don't settle for off-brand components! I can't emphasize that enough.

Last edited:

turbo_911

Reaction score
Well I guess we can make a basic thread will all links and info in it, and keep it clean from noobs and their comments. (meaning lock the thread and have certain ppl add info in it)

Thank would be awesome so then everyone can refer and have info (not a step by step guide) but like Nikita gave a link to site, all info in one thread.

Back