DIY LED clock light (w/ pics)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I just took the stock diffuser out, no hot spots. I did use a clear plastic diffuser which helped. If you want to look into doing a white led conversion (the guages are a bitch) i wrote up a thread.

For your HVAC controls, i'd add an amber/red led for the defrost, looks much better. You should probaby cut the plastic so it doesn't bleed or use a surface mount led.

HomerJay

Reaction score
thejameshimself said:
cool, where can you pick this stuff up at?
This is the one I bought (A4 size...close to 8-1/2" x 11"):

http://www.3dlens.com/shop/polarizer-210x300mm.php

There are others in the "Polarizer" section. I opted for no glue. I don't know what other's have used. I read a walkthrough that indicated the glue would face the outside of the odometer. I would imagine that could collect dust. I try to keep most dust out but it always finds a way!

I haven't gotten around to the odometer, though. I have additional plans already for the next time I open the gauges...D'OH!!...so that's what the "wheel guy" meant when he said this stuff is addictive...WHOOPS!!... :D

thejameshimself

Reaction score
I just took the stock diffuser out, no hot spots. I did use a clear plastic diffuser which helped. If you want to look into doing a white led conversion (the guages are a bitch) i wrote up a thread.

For your HVAC controls, i'd add an amber/red led for the defrost, looks much better. You should probaby cut the plastic so it doesn't bleed or use a surface mount led.

nice thread! i wish i would've seen that before i did my ac controls, but i guess figuring stuff out is half the fun.

here's what it's looking like right now, i opted to use all 5mm leds instead of swapping wedge bulbs:

led.JPG

i used a red led in the defrost button, but it's still coming out orangish in the pictures... weird

also the temperature knob doesn't look that bizarre in person

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
kinda off topic, but i had to set the time on my clock and the ":" doesn't stop flashing. how can i get it to stop?:bash:

and did gauge cluster needles will stay orange right, they arent able to get lit up another color?

Lee49645

Reaction score
haha my clock light doesnt work either since i bought the car in 2001 How sad. I dont know how to fix and im to lazy to do mines.

i know mine doesnt light up either since i bought my 2000 Accord ~_~
its kinda annoying because i would hafta look at my phone to check the time at night becuase the stupid light is busted...

i dont understand circuitry at all but i would still like to know how to fix it...

accordc1

Reaction score
Im in the process of doing mines right at this moment ill show pics once im done.

Back