DIY LED's in Headlight (like Audi R8)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
they must use a heatsink or something...cause thats out of hand :aznrun:

anyone have a factory pic of (or someone who was brave enough to take one apart) an audi headlight?

I spoke to the local guy who did the LED's in my headlights, I asked him about the Audi ones, and he said he thought they have a heatsink or something that powers them individually to get them that bright.

Don't know of anyone who has been able to source a set of those headlights yet though to confirm.

AccordSeats4

Reaction score
I actually have a set of some S6 headlights that I've been looking to take apart. Not sure if these are the same LED's that Tek Rice is talking about. But as soon as I take them apart. I'll take some pics. Unfortunately. I have no idea when that will be. :(

Devil-V

Reaction score
I have a local retailer who sells a switchback LED strip with circuitry wiring and stuff, which I'm seriously considering for my headlights. But the bit that really bugs me, is the idea of taking the headlight unit apart. The idea of baking it in the oven sounds nuts, could you do it in a gas fire oven (lol)?

Once you're ready to put the headlight unit back together, could you just use hot glue, rather than oven baking it again?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^No. Hot glue won't provide the insulation necessary to properly seal and block out moisture, etc.

Most members have baked them and had great success, I wouldn't worry about it.

I have LED's in my headlights and there was no ill effect. There isn't really a better way to do it, though some have used a heat gun.

Back