DIY: lower rear tie bar or lower rear strut bar

cg6boi

Reaction score
uhm......so i was wondering.....will these fit with an aftermarket exhaust or not....where exactly do they go onto the accord and how much ground clearance do u have after the install....black night can u show me where yours is fron the outside view and the under car view....im not gonna order one until im sure, thank you

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
cg6boi said:
uhm......so i was wondering.....will these fit with an aftermarket exhaust or not....where exactly do they go onto the accord and how much ground clearance do u have after the install....black night can u show me where yours is fron the outside view and the under car view....im not gonna order one until im sure, thank you

Sorry.
I don't have pics of mine.
I'll try to get some pics of where it should go and the problem you may run into tonight

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Ok. Here's a pic of under the car.
The red arrows indicate where the lower tie bar has to be bolted
The yellow lines indicate where the tie bar will come across
Although I have an aftermarket exhaust, the bends are in the stock location
so I can still use the stock hangers.
Because of this, the exhaust is not low enough not to hit against the tie bar.
Also you can see the hanger will be in the way.

1tn5.jpg

This is the tie bar I used

HD98AC-5624TBX.JPG

Last edited:

cg6boi

Reaction score
i really appreciate it bro, thank you very much, one more question, maybe im a lil slow but since the hangers are in the way i wont be able to mount it?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
cg6boi said:
i really appreciate it bro, thank you very much, one more question, maybe im a lil slow but since the hangers are in the way i wont be able to mount it?

If you remove that one hanger in the pic, you shold be able to mount it. But your exhaust has to be lower than normal. Otherwise it will rub, hit the tie bar.

matty2013

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old post, but when you guys installed your Tie bars, did you adjust them to pull tightly on the bolts towards the center of the tie bar, or did you extend them as much as possible to push towards the extremeties of the car?

Back