DIY O4-07 Acura TL Manual Trans rear swaybar install

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Dis assembly was pretty straightforward, although getting the endlinks removed without them spinning was fun. I started by removing the brackets first. Soaking the bolts with PB Blaster is a must!!

How did you keep them from spinning? I ended up cutting my front ones because I couldn't get a good enough grip to make them stop spinning.

toast

Reaction score
How did you keep them from spinning? I ended up cutting my front ones because I couldn't get a good enough grip to make them stop spinning.
Well I started with cleaning up the threads with a wire brush, then soaked them with PB Blaster, then used my mini-knipex (on the rounded side), and an impact wrench with some short wobble extensions to remove the nut. Pretty easy once I figured out that combo...

What the heck is a mini-knipex you say?

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Well I started with cleaning up the threads with a wire brush, then soaked them with PB Blaster, then used my mini-knipex (on the rounded side), and an impact wrench with some short wobble extensions to remove the nut. Pretty easy once I figured out that combo...

What the heck is a mini-knipex you say?

I soaked my with PB Blaster as well. I shall try the wire brush before the PB when I do the rears.

What is the mini-knipex claim to fame? For $30 it better do something amazing! :)

toast

Reaction score
I soaked my with PB Blaster as well. I shall try the wire brush before the PB when I do the rears.

What is the mini-knipex claim to fame? For $30 it better do something amazing! :)
It is a really nice pair of pliers! Just make sure you orientate it correctly, it actually makes a difference depending on whether your tightening, or loosening something... a small pair of locking pliers would probably do the trick too...

Back