DIY: Oil Catch Can Greddy specific

acrod99

Reaction score
Thanks again-this will be extremely helpful! I'll keep you updated on mine.

acrod99

Reaction score
Just got mine a few days too late-i have to wait till this weekend for my install. Mine's a no-name, but seems alright. It looks very similar to your GReddy. I just have one question: my friend thinks there may be some glass particles in steel wool. I'm not sure myself, but i don't think there would be. Anyways, this would mean we couldn't re-use the oil from the can. Any input? Thanks

klee

Reaction score
You cannot re-use the oil in the can. As for glass particles I don't believe this to be true since steel wool is in fact just long strands of coiled steel. If you purchase a pretty coarse steel wool that will not rust you will be safe. The fine mesh steel wool tends to break apart easily. An alternative that I was thinking about are bio-balls that are used in fish tanks. You can find them in any pet shop. Either way, I plan to run with the steel wool for a few months and see what the results are like. If it's bad, I'll switch to something else to baffle the can.

acrod99

Reaction score
Yea-i didn't think so either. Just getting a second opinion, man. Thanks, and i plan to install mine in basically in the same manner you did. I'll keep you updated

simplesedan99

Reaction score
question: what do you do with the hoses that you disconnect from the intake and the valve cover? just wondering because i couldnt see n e thing on the pics on the cardomain diy

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You shouldn't use steel wool if you're routing it back to the engine. Use copper wool or scotch brite pads if you plan on rerouting it back to the engine.

Back