DIY: Oil Catch Can Greddy specific

angelusnhc

Reaction score
do they all work the same? just wondering bc i see a greedy on ebay for around 60 dollars but i see others for about 20 dollars?

angelusnhc

Reaction score
You cannot re-use the oil in the can. As for glass particles I don't believe this to be true since steel wool is in fact just long strands of coiled steel. If you purchase a pretty coarse steel wool that will not rust you will be safe. The fine mesh steel wool tends to break apart easily. An alternative that I was thinking about are bio-balls that are used in fish tanks. You can find them in any pet shop. Either way, I plan to run with the steel wool for a few months and see what the results are like. If it's bad, I'll switch to something else to baffle the can.

how is the steel wool working for you? also are those clear hoses you bought still holding up? i read that the heat makes them break down easily. and finally how often do you have to drain this thing and how do you drain it?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Thread from the dead... but since this topic was mentioned recently, I'd like to make a correction. The way Klee has his wired up is incorrect. Please refer to this thread:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11813&page=5

He is just circulating pure air through the catch can, and it's not doing it's function at all, since the hole it's wired to sucks air in, and does not spew any oil out. The PCV valve hole is the one out of which oil spews, and the catch can needs to be hooked up in between that and the intake manifold, for its proper function. That is all.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
ok im bringing back up an old thread but i got my oil catch can installed. how often do i need to change this thing, how do i change it, does the clear hoses last long and finally how often should the steel wool be changed?

Back