DIY on CLutch removal and install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffro

Reaction score
vtec_accord99 said:
i will work threw the night and iinto the next day if i have to

Now that's dedication... But from my own experience, the more time you spend staring at something, especially as challenging as that, the more frustrated you get and the more things that will go wrong. But good luck, and be sure to take a lot of pictures so we can post a good DIY! :)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
vtec_accord99 said:
shiiiit im bout to do my clutch dis weekend then how tall?
The highest you can get really. The higher they are, the more room you have to work.

Edit-Also, i replaced my first clutch myself, paid for the second in a different car. I payed $400 on my dsm, a bit harder than an accord, but it was so worth it. I don't think i'll do a clutch again. Just so you have an idea of what you are getting into.

vtec_accord99

Reaction score
tru....i found some like 17"inch high im bout to buy to of those and borrow some from my friend and how can i get axle nut off? how much of a pain yall think it will be?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Make sure the jackstands are low enough so that they are still safe. I don't know how high mind are but they would be way too low to do this. But if they are too high, it could become a safety issue.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I don't know, i did it with a lift when i did it. Probably almost 2 feet though. I don't know, picture chilling under your bed for 2 days. It is not very fun, i'll just say that.

vtec_accord99

Reaction score
man i kno bout cramped spaces....on my civic i did the full exhaust with one oem car jack....cramped spaces aint nuffin

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
The clouds are swirrling in my crystal ball, I can see your future. I see.......failure. This job far exceeds your admitted mechanical ability.

Jeffro

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
The clouds are swirrling in my crystal ball, I can see your future. I see.......failure. This job far exceeds your admitted mechanical ability.

And mine too... So I'm staying away. He knows what he's talking about, so make sure you study up really well if you attempt this. If you make it through, more power to ya, though. Help from a friend who knows would definately be a + I'm guessing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back