DIY Paint door panels

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Looks great. I was halfway through this project on my sedan when it got totaled.

Avoid the S2K seats, by the way. They look...odd in anything other than their natural surroundings.

I kinda feel the same way but if I was able to pick some up for a decent price I wouldn't complain. Except I heard they don't recline. I'm like 6'1 and tend to do a gangsta lean when I drive so that would be an issue.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Looking good! You gave me new hope for a project I'm considering with those door handles.

I need to find the the correct shade of tan to match my interior, does SEM make that?

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Looking good! You gave me new hope for a project I'm considering with those door handles.

I need to find the the correct shade of tan to match my interior, does SEM make that?

I'm not sure. They probably have something really close and I'll be on the lookout to see if they do. If you can't find it from SEM you can use other paints as long as you use the adhesion promoter but with something like the door handles which are constantly being touched I don't know how they would hold up.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I mean the handle housing/surround like what you painted, not the actual handle itself.

Another option is if the panels are the same paint code as the seats, which is YR169L...then I could have Sherwin Williams or KOI make me up a can of that.

What is the adhesion promoter you mentioned?

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I mean the handle housing/surround like what you painted, not the actual handle itself.

Another option is if the panels are the same paint code as the seats, which is YR169L...then I could have Sherwin Williams or KOI make me up a can of that.

What is the adhesion promoter you mentioned?

I see what you mean now haha. You get away with a different paint there then. The adhesion promoter I mentioned is the first picture in the thread, it's Bulldog Adhesion Promoter.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I went to the paint store today. I picked up some more interior paint and also some paint for my new hood and bumper. I was looking through the SEM paint and this is what I see could be close to the tan. I don't have any tan accord interior so I can 100% on which one it is but it's gotta be one of these.
image1_zps4ca2f027.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hmm they look like they could be close. Maybe the one on the right...thanks for sharing that.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Can the door inserts come out? I was wanting to do mine with Louis vuitton to kinda go with my tan with baige interior. Like a tan/brown LV

Back