DIY: Rear Bumper Side Marker LED Conversion.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
It all started one night when I was sitting on the front porch drinking a Miller High Life. I was staring at the damage my dad had caused to my back bumper and then turned my disgust to those side markers. I tinted them to match my tails, but when the light hits them at night it is ugly and scattered. I decided at that point to do something. I had some Led's sitting around in the house that a buddy of mine left. He was going to do the AUDI LEDs in his headlights. He said I could have the LEDS and here we are.....

The time it took was 30 for the modding, and 1hr for the epoxy to dry.

The tools I used were...

I tried not to cut the OEM marker, but there was no way around it. I couldn't get the Lens off of the housing. With the help of my handy dandy gun lighter, I heater up the surface and cut out a hole approx. the width of the LED strip.

Once the rectangle was cut out, I put the strip in there, and VVVWWAAAALLAAA! I used Epoxy to hold it in place. The hardest part was lining it up straight.

That liquid is silicon i put on top to keep it water proof...LED + Water = BAD NEWS

Nighttime pictures are hard to do well, but I think you get the idea..

I know this isn't the most BAMF mod, but it was a good time, passing time.

Last edited:

nathan007

Reaction score
hehe

IMO, it's a good idea, but the job you did looks abit ghetto (for my taste), but props for doing it :thumbup:

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
hehe

IMO, it's a good idea, but the job you did looks abit ghetto (for my taste), but props for doing it :thumbup:

well i do live in downtown nashville.... which is know for being ghetto...or wait. maybe its rednecks..i can never keep it straight. Do you think the method is ghetto or the outcome?

Cpyro

Reaction score
I like the idea, maybe ill give it ago. I would have to assume they open like headlights some heat and pull but i dunno. You covered your hole with epoxy what did you do to the OEM hole? just put the bulb socket back on? I like the idea maybe ill try it. Good Job

KnightRyder

Reaction score
they dont open like headlights, the pieces are fused together so the only way to split the front and back halves is to cut then glue it back together.

Back