DIY SCS Service Connector and SRS Reset

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Should be some phillips screw that hold the panel on, near the bottom I think. Don't have an Accord anymore.

Damn, my thread is popular still:coffee:

J30MAN

Reaction score
Does anybody know if this will work on a 97 Accord? A buddy of mine wants me to reset his for him so he can pass inspection.

nsjames

Reaction score
Should be some phillips screw that hold the panel on, near the bottom I think. Don't have an Accord anymore.

Damn, my thread is popular still:coffee:

hell yeah it is, it's how I ended up here (google) and it saved me some coin on getting my seat belt buckle replaced.

Thanks!

nopiguy03

Reaction score
9b4bb9c9.jpg

This is the best site ever thanks to the one who made this post and thanks to everyone else for their ideas. i called honda today and she told me it was gonna be $85 for them to look at it. she said it might be my seat belt but that the seat belt was lifetime warrenty on it but i still have to pay the $85 first. She also told me that they had replace my selt belt when they did the recall on my honda a few months back for the air bags but the srs was not for the air bag. So i looked up info on here and found this page and when i got home i hooked up the swith on the first go and everything went smoothly. SRS light is now off and my seatbelt does not cause it to come on or off.:rock:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Mine came back and I can't find my service connector FML. So it's the same procedure 5th gens? What about all Honda's in general?

dbang

Reaction score
Hey, first off great write up.
Very clear, I may do this myself.
Just curious though, if this method is used to reset the CEL wouldn't removing the fuse from the box in "this thread #2" in your post achieve the same result for free instead of spending the $10 on this method?

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
This thread its about clearing the SRS light. Clearing the CEL will not turn off SRS light.

Also you dont need to spend $10.... Just look around for a paper clip.

BTW- I used this diy to clear my SRS after I installed my mdx woodgrain wheel, and it worked great.
Thanks OP

Last edited:
Back