DIY sideskirt painting help.. & is DupliColor a bad brand to use..?

M

mrphantastic

alright, ive seen du3ces DIY sideskirt painting thread and some others.. and it was pretty helpful BUT not very detailed. i have an 02 satin silver sedan with black plastic sideskirts and i want to paint my sideskirts to match the car. can anyone help me out and tell me exactly what to use & wear to buy it? and tell me the process step by step? sorry but im jus really paranoid and i dont want my sideskirts endin up mismatching or coming out bad.. & i was also wondering if it would be bad to use DupliColor paint?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
alright, ive seen du3ces DIY sideskirt painting thread and some others.. and it was pretty helpful BUT not very detailed. i have an 02 satin silver sedan with black plastic sideskirts and i want to paint my sideskirts to match the car. can anyone help me out and tell me exactly what to use & wear to buy it? and tell me the process step by step? sorry but im jus really paranoid and i dont want my sideskirts endin up mismatching or coming out bad.. & i was also wondering if it would be bad to use DupliColor paint?

Please. Color match your paint exactly, dupli-color or plasti-kote would work fine, just find the analogous color to your vehicle's color. Then learn to paint my friend.

Sand to roughen the surface up, do not use too rough sandpaper or you will make gouges. Primer. Dry. Wetsand. Primer. Dry. Wetsand. Paint with light coats each time! Wetsand. Paint more coats. Dry. Wetsand. Paint. Dry. Wetsand. Clearcoat. Dry. Clearcoat. Dry. Clearcoat. Dry. TurtleWax Polishing compund - rub it in x 2 if needed. Serious pressure applied. Rub it out hard. Apply Meguiar's car wax.

Please use google to research wetsanding and techniques of painting if you need more details/clarification. Please don't start more threads asking about details because they can easily be found with minimal effort.

Good luck. Peace. :coffee: :Smoker:

Back