DIY Smoked Taillight

smerf

Reaction score
I noticed that most of the results I found end up being flat or matte. I found this for 350z but I think we can use the same technique. I know there are a billion threads but this one is cleanly done. And his lights come out more shiney than flat. it might help a few folks out.

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki?title=How_to_Smoke_Taillights&print

Im going to follow that guide and post my results when I get done.

Lowman

Reaction score
i just sprayed mine yesterday just havent wet sanded and buffed yet and they are dull as hell now

smerf

Reaction score
my old ones were plenty shiny and all i did was just spray it on.

Mine look flat right now but I didnt exactly know how much to sand when I did it so I need to re-do it, I think Ill follow this guide. Prolly do it in the next couple days before the break ends.

yoseppi

Reaction score
I sprayed mine a few months ago, and they are still shiny. But I did clearcoat mine.

You never mentioned if you used clearcoat, or just the spray tint.

What is the proper way to polish them after paint for a total buffer/polisher noob?

ebxgsxr

Reaction score
seems like a good write up. i think ill try this on my truck. when i had my lightning, i sprayed & clearcoated it. the clear coat adds a lot of shine itself (since i didnt buff mine) compared to just the spray on my truck. my lightning had better results than my truck.
f150newcover3.jpg

f150cover4-1.jpg

Back