DIY Throttle Body Spacer

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the reason im asking is cuz im thinking of getting the skunk2 70mm throttle body. you think thats too big? maybe just do 68mm?

retroshark

Reaction score
id say dont bother with it at all. im going to upgrade the throttle body to probably a skunk2 and get teh spacer because now im running a tubo, it will help with the air flow to the IM. id replace the whole intake system including the manifold but thats overkill for what im running right now. when i upgrade the turbo itself, ill upgrade to a bigger throttelbody. for the money of either boring the TB or getting a new one, id just spend it on a CF hood or something, since that will most likely lower the weight enough to notice a similar ammount of gain to a TB plus it looks good too lol

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
So let me know how much HP you felt like you lost with you TBS. I had the Helix TBS Type 1, the one that did the whistling sound.

I had it removed a few days ago, and wow.... what a difference... lol lol

I was about to toss out that Piece of crap when another member wanted it for the sound.....

BTW, upgrading the Throttle body makes no difference, since you don't really need more air flow. But you need compressed air(boost) to really do any good.

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
i installed it and the throttle cable seems to be too short and its making the throttle open almost more than half way. is there a way to adjust it and make it not be open when its installed.

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
okay i tried reinstalling the tbs again today. i tried to move the bracket that the throttle cable is connected to closer so that the throttle is not open but it still idles WAY TOO high. if i move it closer it idles normal but if i step on the gas it wouldnt do anything. so yea after 2 hours of trying to install the tbs, i jsut gave up cuz it was pissing me off. so can someone help me here, cuz installing this doesnt seem so easy as everyone else says it is, if im not able to install it properly on the my 3rd time, then i might jsut give up and sell it, or someone can come and help me put it on. oh and im installing the tbs on 4cyl.

bsivoljr

Reaction score
I know what you mean Im actually trying to install the TBS on my f22b but the spacer distances the accelerator linkage from the assembly so the little link wont enter the slot with the cable in the slot!!!:(I gave up for the night and I will be back at it tom. I think I may need to buy longer cables possibly?either that or unscre the linkage from the closer end just enough to insert the link then retighten? We'll see

Back