DIY: Uneven Taillights on Sedans/Coupes Fix *PICS*

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
can someone explain to me wet sanding?

Originally Posted by Russianred View Post
Sir Raul, I was ignorant of this as well until quite recently. You do it just like it sounds.
1) Use P600 or higher grit wetsand paper; usually comes in black color from an auto store.
2) For best results wetsand with light pressure, do not press down really hard or you will get uneven sanded spots, just streak the paper over the area.
3) For best results sand under fluid running water, not a strong rush, but a low pressure faucet or hose will do. If you cannot do this, then get a bucket of water and dip the paper in it to make it wet and make sure your sanding surface is always plenty wet.
4) Wipe off with towel, or wash with water then wipe.

I was hesitant about doing it at first, but as long as your primer/paint/clearcoat or whatever you apply previously is thoroughly dry, then you should be all set. For me, now that I have learned, it is even very fun to wetsand because it results in an amazing finish! Hope this helps!

There ya go!

98akkordLX

Reaction score
BUMP - Rubber knob adjustment pic/info added.
TTTT

LOL, I guess u figured it out, i kinda replied on the other thread half assed cuz i wuz gunna write it up for u in detail once i take sum pix for yah of the rubber knobz and the trunk lock and tell u to do the EXXXAACCTT thing u did here bro!! Sweet azz write up there! Couldnt've dunn a better job myself!

Also another note, use those rubber knobs if u have a huge azz system in the trunk and ur trunk starts rattling, adjust it 2 ur prefrence!! I love hondaz!! toyota'z aint evn adjustable, ya kno that?

kashmeister

Reaction score
guys ive been trying the above and it doesnt work

i took of all the rubber things and i put pressure and i got the trunk straight

however, both sides are still too far away even though they are even

also i have noticed that the right side is closer horizontally than the left side?

what gives?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
In addition to adjusting the rubber stoppers properly and bnding/forcing the trunk to shape, you also need to adjust the lower trunk latch which is on the chassis. There's 2 bolts which need to be loosened and then it adjusts up (looser) or down (tighter). You need to adjust that latch and stoppers until you find an even position, and also a position in which the trunk closes with medium force. You don't want to be slamming your trunk to get it to close. Hope this helps you out!

kashmeister

Reaction score
In addition to adjusting the rubber stoppers properly and bnding/forcing the trunk to shape, you also need to adjust the lower trunk latch which is on the chassis. There's 2 bolts which need to be loosened and then it adjusts up (looser) or down (tighter). You need to adjust that latch and stoppers until you find an even position, and also a position in which the trunk closes with medium force. You don't want to be slamming your trunk to get it to close. Hope this helps you out!

My trunk closes fine, i really don't need to push much

when you say lower latch you mean???
jordanaccord32copy.jpg

the one in the pic? i assumed that that was a fixed thing, it only had like 2 screws or something

so if i tighten that "U" shaped bar latch, it will close the trunk farther down?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Yes, that latch which is in the middle of the trunk chassis, adjusts up and down. You tighten it in the position which suits you best.

Back