DIY Wheel Repair

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if there were any issues with the bondo, considering its such a light amount of bondo and has been painted over. People put pounds upon pounds of that crap on doors and whatnot and even then it takes a lot for it to crack and chip away.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Well true, depends on how thick he put it on..UPOL makes this new body filler that everyone is starting to use for molding..when it hardens it hardens like steel..I've watched my body man mold a rear lip onto a bumper, the customer change his mind and my friend had to literaly take a hammer and chisel to it and took him a few days to get it off it was crazy

steadypimpin

Reaction score
Can you do this DIY on non painted alloys? I'd do it instead of trying the polishing thing.

Bearcat

Reaction score
I got a set of Prelude Si wheels in poor condition. The original finish was machined with a top clear coat. I sanded one of the wheels with 220 then 1000.

Do I need a clear coat? Can it stick on slippery surface? If no clear coat, how long will I have to polish them again? Or what is the best way to rehab my wheels?

PreludeSiRims34.jpg
[/IMG]

steadypimpin

Reaction score
I wanna do this diy so bad so my winter rims can look money. I'm just gonna start the polishing soon.

Bearcat

Reaction score
Do they have the Duplicolor wheel paint in a touch up container? I just want to touch up mine.

osiriskidd

Reaction score
im gonna try this in a few weeks. my rims are HORRIBLE due to my mom curb rashin my car.

skep

Reaction score
wow this diy is a life saver. isnt this almost like painting your rims? like using the paint thinner, sand paper, painting, and wet sanding. is it almost the same idea? if it is you just saved me alot of money and time because i was going to find a shop to do it for me so good job! it looks like its brand new

Back