DIY: window Visors

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
okay i just got window visors for my car and i installed them yesterday on my car and right away when i drove off, the visors flew off. i used the 3M double sided mounting tape on them and they still flew off. i made sure i cleaned the surface with rubbing alcohol, and it still came out. so does anyone here have a DIY on how to install window visors. pictures would be helpful.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
what you did was pretty sufficient, just press hard on the visor.
but since they flew off you've contaminated the tape and should use a new set of tape and/or automotive silicone.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine sit in the window channels and my driver's side still tries to fly off sometimes.

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
naw i fell off in my neighborhood, but when you put them in the channels, how do u make them stay in there, cuz when i roll down my windows it comes off

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
so whats the best way to stick them on without having them flying off. and i tihnk the visors i got can be either inchannel or stick on. cmon ive saw a lot of people in here that ahve window visors, tell me how u installed yours with having them fly off.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
The best way to get the 3M Stick-On Adhesive to stay on is by using a heat gun. Heat the adhesive with the gun, heat it till it starts to blister and promptly apply. Don't wait to apply it, do it right then. Hold it for about 30-60 seconds, it should say on.

Back