Do both Rear and Front CL-S seats fit in a coupe?

Hank

Reaction score
I've seen quite a few people say that the front seats of the CL will bolt directly into a 6th gen Coupe, but I can't find anything about the rear seats. I would prefer swapping both front and rear seats though so the front seats don't look out of place.

Sometime later this year/early next year I would like to swap out my seats with the CL-S seats as I find the stock seats in the Accord uncomfortable. I hear the CL-S seats are much more comfortable and it would be nice to have heated seats.

Also before someone warns me, I'm not worried about the wiring for the passenger power seat or the heated seat circuit, I have pretty good electrical knowledge and should be able to wire it up.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few people say that the front seats of the CL will bolt directly into a 6th gen Coupe, but I can't find anything about the rear seats. I would prefer swapping both front and rear seats though so the front seats don't look out of place.

Sometime later this year/early next year I would like to swap out my seats with the CL-S seats as I find the stock seats in the Accord uncomfortable. I hear the CL-S seats are much more comfortable and it would be nice to have heated seats.

Also before someone warns me, I'm not worried about the wiring for the passenger power seat or the heated seat circuit, I have pretty good electrical knowledge and should be able to wire it up.

Don't the 6GA in Canada already have heated seats?

If they that should make things a lot easier aswell if you would like to keep your butt warm :lawl:

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
Don't the 6GA in Canada already have heated seats?

If they that should make things a lot easier aswell if you would like to keep your butt warm :lawl:

They do.

Do CL-S seats have airbags in them? Should these be removed from the seat if they're not wired up to our cars? I dont think we have those, do we?

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^01-02 Accords have SRS in the seats. Not sure which model CL's do. If you search on V6P I'm sure you'll find an answer to that.

Hooking up seats with SRS systems to cars that did not originally have seats with them, is easier because you can just not hook up the seat airbags. Otherwise it's a whole other game.

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
^01-02 Accords have SRS in the seats. Not sure which model CL's do. If you search on V6P I'm sure you'll find an answer to that.

Hooking up seats with SRS systems to cars that did not originally have seats with them, is easier because you can just not hook up the seat airbags. Otherwise it's a whole other game.

I'm pretty sure the 01-02 cloth heated seats here in Canada dont have SRS, Ill have to look into it further.

Brad2274

Reaction score
i was looking into doing that, but im kinda leaning towards rsx front seats and dying the oem rear black. im not sure how rsx seats work though, i could care less about heated seats and airbags but i like the up+down, reclining, an sliding of the oem fronts, and i think rsx are just 4way manual

SykVSyx

Reaction score
i was looking into doing that, but im kinda leaning towards rsx front seats and dying the oem rear black. im not sure how rsx seats work though, i could care less about heated seats and airbags but i like the up+down, reclining, an sliding of the oem fronts, and i think rsx are just 4way manual

Juicyyaccord and Boy Wonder have RSX seats, so you can shoot them a pm about how they are wired up.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Do RSX ones fit on the stock brackets?

Also, could you just install the CL-S seat and not hook up the power? So say screw power sliding and airbags or... Would it not be able to move without power?

frantz954

Reaction score
Pretty sure stock brackets can be used but need to be modified. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. And no, power seats will not slide without power unless heavily modified. Way easier to run a power, switch power, and ground wire to supply power.

Back