Do both Rear and Front CL-S seats fit in a coupe?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Haha. This wont matter to the sedan guys, but for coupes, once you pull the lever to fold the seat down, the seat automatically scoots forward too, like it's little motors are like movin it forward .. I thought it was pretty cool cuz I've had manual seats my whole life .. I was like O_O :squintrun::rock:

But yeah. I'll take a bunch of pics :D

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Sorry if I am thread jacking but if someone knows the answer to my question, it may help you (and be a much easier way if it works). Does anyone know if you can put the CL-S seats on our seat frames? What I mean by this is using the rear and back "seat cushions", not the actual CL-S rails or seat frame. I know with my manual seats, the only electrical part in the actual "seat cushions" is the SRS, and if I just used that, I wouldn't loose any adjustments. I don't know if power seats are the same.
This, also.

Im curious if the CL seatback could swap over to the Accord seatbottom. Power or not.

I imagine both are attached by bolts and a connector. You wouldnt think the connectors would be different but they've done it before.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I don't think it'll work. I'll take a picture of the inside of the seats aswell when I take the pictures of the seats. It looks like it wouldn't fit at all ..

Chris Vu

Reaction score
BUMP FOR PICS

Look at that wiring harness pokin out the carpet like it came like that from the factory :rock:
IMG_20120511_165622.jpg

Here is the rail .. it wouldn't line up right, so a hole was cut. Now that I think about it, I didn't really need to cut a hole there .. I could have just moved that rail backwards a little bit until the hole lined up .. But then again, the seat would have sat crooked.
IMG_20120525_180002.jpg

IMG_20120525_175952.jpg

Here are just some shots of the seats .. Notice how much bolstering there is .. Holds you down pretty well.
IMG_20120526_084016.jpg

IMG_20120526_084024.jpg

Here's a picture of where your butt goes.
IMG_20120526_084030.jpg

Here's the seat hight at about halfway up. (If anyone would like, I can lower the seat to the lowest setting so you can see how low it goes :))
IMG_20120526_084037.jpg

Passenger seat. Yeah, I didn't feel like walking to the other side of the car to get the picture :p
IMG_20120526_084046.jpg

Anymore picture requests, don't hesitate to ask .. They're crappy cell phone pics, but you get the idea!
This is the first stage of my black/leather conversion.. Next up is Krylon vinyl paint for all the plastic pieces, and wrap the cloth in leather.

SIDE NOTE:

I've been searching, but I can only find the answer for coupes/01-02 sedans. Anyways, Can the cloth inserts on the door of a 99 Sedan come off ?? I don't want to have to sit there and break off plastic rivets and whatnot :(

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Nice pics, thank you for posting those. The headrests almost look futuristic in a 6GA, lol.

So the electric works? And just hooks right up to the existing 6GA harness? No rewiring?

But you said the heating elements do not work. Or that you're not sure the seats have them.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
^Nice pics, thank you for posting those. The headrests almost look futuristic in a 6GA, lol.

So the electric works? And just hooks right up to the existing 6GA harness? No rewiring?

But you said the heating elements do not work. Or that you're not sure the seats have them.

Yeah, IMO they look really nice, and I've had plenty of compliments on them already :D

As far as the electrical work goes, I'm not 100% sure if they'll hook up to the existing 6ga wiring harness. The harness you see in that picture is my own harness that I wired to a seperate fuse box. I hardwired a fuse box to a relay, then straight to the battery in order to supply power to these seats.

And yeah .. I couldn't figure out exactly what wire was the heater's power wire, so I hooked up every single power wire to a 12v source, and the heater still hasn't turned on, so they're both either broken, or non existant. :smash:

I've found some "aftermarket" seat heaters, but I don't know if they're really warranted in California, but I guess I'll find out next winter :)

Jefe02

Reaction score
Nice those seats look real nice in a 6GA. As far as the heater goes I have heard that CL's and TL's seat heaters are known for breaking so the heating element may need to be replaced.

Reaction score
thats looks really good man, i have been mulling over the cl seat swap as well i have the EX with 8 way so it might be right up my alley. this gave me insperation.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]I've been searching, but I can only find the answer for coupes/01-02 sedans. Anyways, Can the cloth inserts on the door of a 99 Sedan come off ?? I don't want to have to sit there and break off plastic rivets and whatnot :([/QUOTE]

Very nice work on your swap!
As for your question about the panels, I only ever owned a coupe. But when I removed the inserts, I used a cheap soldering iron ro melt away the center and pull them free. Saved the plastics left from that. When re installing cnstantly check your material over lap on the edges to make sure they wont buldge out from the panel. Use the plastic peices like bondo to fill in the hole where they originally went. Melting back intoto place withi soldering iron. Let each one cool and have a set of helper hands( the pistol grip clamp vises) to help hold tight if needed. You can always use the soldering iron to go back and make adjustments. BTW the soldering iron is just what i had laying around, and seem to work. Hope this helps!

Pudge49902

Reaction score
when I did my tsx seat install i took the bolt holes off from the original seats and welded them to the new seats and installed them. its pretty easy if u have the equipment...the biggest issue was finding where to put the heated seat buttons...lol

Back