do i need a cat?

Deshon2688

Reaction score
^ thats another good point, u can always just save ur money and gut the stock cat. someone a while back had dyno results of comparisons between a gutted oem cat and some of the high flow cats, and the numbers were close enough to were you'd be fine with it. and that's on a motor that had other work done to it.

if i wouldve know that before i bought the megan cat i woulda kept the oem one.

9450erick

Reaction score
how bout just test pipe
thats what ima be doin/ just for louder exhaust
wouldnt that be cheaper as well

Deshon2688

Reaction score
not cheaper than just guttin ur stock cat and putting it back on. it's definitely louder tho.

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
^ thats another good point, u can always just save ur money and gut the stock cat. someone a while back had dyno results of comparisons between a gutted oem cat and some of the high flow cats, and the numbers were close enough to were you'd be fine with it. and that's on a motor that had other work done to it.

if i wouldve know that before i bought the megan cat i woulda kept the oem one.

It does add quite a bit towards the top end from about 4500RPM to redline, however, it is SUPER loud in the car. I could only bear the noise for about a month. The added oomph was nice but it got to the point where it felt like my ears were going to bleed every time I drove it.

how bout just test pipe
thats what ima be doin/ just for louder exhaust
wouldnt that be cheaper as well

Test pipe will be LOUD. Don't know what you like, but having gutted cat, which I imagine would be similar to a test pipe, got old really quick.

Tphong

Reaction score
When I put on my high flow cat I kept getting a check engine light. Now if you don't mind the CEL then it's alright I guess. There's a very simple fix to that problem. You should be able to google it and you'll find it. All you need is a 1/2inch drill and something from the auto store.

Roadrashvtec

Reaction score
I Thinkz uz needz az bigz catzxz! MOAR FLO!~~!

Muffin-cat.jpg

Back