Do not buy Autozone/Checkers/Napa Resistors.

ejreams

Reaction score
As if you didn't already know not too hello.. haha.

Um ye so I had some.. in 2 days they overheated and blew my fuses.
My dash lights/console lights wont come on trunk lights off turn signals off license plate brake lights all that jazz. OOOUT. blown fuses.
I really hope it didn't hurt anything because I will be FURIOUS.

I have some V-LED Resistors on the way.

I'm like really really pissed right now lol.:eh:

finch13

Reaction score
Uh... a ceramic resistor is a ceramic resistor, sounds like you ran a 1/4W or 1/2W when you should've used a 1W or a 5W... wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
made sure your values and tolerances were correct?

lemon and 1fastetc...no. a resistor is a resistor, like wire is wire.

ejreams

Reaction score
Uh... a ceramic resistor is a ceramic resistor, sounds like you ran a 1/4W or 1/2W when you should've used a 1W or a 5W... wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again.

Well I'm not quite sure what you're saying but I was running a set of 6.2 OHM 25Watt Resistors for 48 SMT Switchbacks.

I just got some 6 OHM 50 Watt Resistors. Hopefully that works better.

And I'm sure they're not as crappy as I made them sound I was just pissed because suddenly all my lights went out and earlier today I had my windshield replaced incorrectly and its not gonna be fixed until next friday. AAAAHH. :gride:

But I got new tint also and atleast that looks good.
lol.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Not to knock whatever you may have done, but it sounds more like an issue on your end than with the businesses you mentioned.

ejreams

Reaction score
Not to knock whatever you may have done, but it sounds more like an issue on your end than with the businesses you mentioned.

Huh?

Somewhere one of my lights or the resistors went ZING
then the fuses went X_X

So I'm gonna do some investigating.

ejreams

Reaction score
Huh?

Somewhere one of my lights or the resistors went ZING
then the fuses went X_X

So I'm gonna do some investigating.

Dude so. I hit a bump and it went bang out just the courtesy lights and turn signals but the thing is I got new restrictors today and they're put together correctly and I'm still having a problem I don't get it ... I put new fuses in and I turn the lights on and Light for like 1 second then POP. so I don't know what I've done.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I put 6 OHM 50 Watt Resistors on the turn lights which are 48 SMD Switchbacks (meaning they run white and turn amber when being used)

I should be connecting the green wire and the black wire to each resistor correct? and leaving the red ones alone. I though... maybe I'm just dumb.

I don't know I'm getting really frustrated.

Back