Do you guys reuse all the old shock components??

chomorro21

Reaction score
I am having rattling issues with my front left suspension, and i just ordered all new parts for my left suspension including dust cover all rubber bushings for the shocks and dust plate bumps stops etc. Anyways my question was when i replaced my front shocks my suspension was missing almost all of this stuff except the bump stop plate and half a bump stop. top strut bushing was worn out, and the right side was the same. Do the old parts not fit on the new shocks?? I had after market already and i replaced them with GR2 shocks so i was already missing the oem parts. Well i ordered the parts anyways it cost me about 30 bucks for all the dust shields etc for the front left side. The front right side does not have this stuff either but there is no rattling coming from that side.

I hope this solves my rattling problem, so far i have put on new rotors and brake pads, new shocks and new eibach springs, and all bushings other then the shocks bushings are in perfect shape. This is the last thing that needs replacing :(. The sound is 100% coming from the shock, if this doesn't fix it i don't know what will....PS pics of your completed after market Shock and spring assembly would help a lot.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It should've all been on your stock shocks and all you would've had to do is swap it over to the new, if you say its missing then uhh..

What did you have before the GR2's?

chomorro21

Reaction score
I had tokico illuminas before, but they were blown. Both sides only had the bump stop, the bump stop plate, and the top bushing and metal collar. They were missingthe rubber bottom boot the dust cover etc. I will get a pic and circle whats missing later.

EDIT:I just realized i think these parts were missing because the car was on sleeve overs before and dropped to the ground, he probably couldnt use all the old stuff and fit right. Ok well im putting the new stuff back on since im not that low.

Last edited:
Back