do you think this will work?....

iam_nas

Reaction score
ok so i know that if i buy 98-02accord ground control sleeves i get like a 3.5" drop MAX. so i been thinking about buying sleeves from different cars that run shorter springs (ex: civic) do you guys think it'll work?

3ka3o23lbzzzzzzzzz92e6f.jpg

Accord281

Reaction score
As long as they are the proper diameter they should fit, but those would be designed for the weight of that car and not ours. I wouldn't recommend it. I would wait and save up the money for full coilovers.

brettg4215

Reaction score
i would save for full coilovers...
as the great andy says..."suspension is something you don't want to cheap out on"

BondoBeater

Reaction score
Have you driven your car with a 3.5 inch drop? That's a Lot. I tried to put some free eBay crap civic coilovers on mine and the sleeves fit fine but the spring seat was wrong and broke. You could always run no springs...and wear a helmet

iam_nas

Reaction score
Have you driven your car with a 3.5 inch drop? That's a Lot. I tried to put some free eBay crap civic coilovers on mine and the sleeves fit fine but the spring seat was wrong and broke. You could always run no springs...and wear a helmet

haha thats funny lol... but yeah i have driven my car that low... im currently on K-sports for all those suggesting i save for full coilovers... but i want a softer ride... while still getting hella low....idk... i'll see what i do... thanks for the input guys :thumbsup:

likeawp

Reaction score
Ground Controls aren't that low.......they claim 3.5" drop but I think it only drops max 3" (I have them)...........I remember reading a thread where a member installed the rear coils in the front and the front coils in the rear giving the car a more raked stance......You will get a little boat-look if you install Ground Control the proper way.....I have a sedan so it might be different for coupes

Just buy full coilovers.....they aren't that expensive :D.......I would if I didn't cheap out in the past

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
if you swap springs, youre also swapping spring rates. and civic spring rates would be a lot different from ones for our cars. which would result in the car riding like total crap.

Back