Does anyone have any input on these?

Jrutherford00

Reaction score
I'm looking to make my 2000 v6 sedan a little louder and my general idea at this point is to have my mechanic cut off the muffler starting right after the cat then doing straight pipe and ending with a couple mufflers, but I don't want the rattle can sound.

I would like a nice deep rumble. I found these, I've never heard of them... Input?

They're called OBX Muffler HF015 Universal

Also, does anyone have any idea as to what it would sound like with these or should I go a different route and do something else? Exhaust isn't really where I'm good. haha

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score
You'll end up with a rice bag if you do that. Get a large and long Vibrant resonator and a single outlet Magnaflow muffler. That'll sound REAALL deep.

atvfreak19902

Reaction score
dont straight pipe. do 2.25" or 2.5" with a resonator and either a single muffler or the duals. do not straight pipe it to the mufflers

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^This, except stick with 2.25. Comptech axlebacks are the **** if you can find them. Or go Magnaflow.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I straight piped from a SS header to cat and cat to magnaflow muffler. It sounds the exact opposite of rice. :chucklesfawk:

Adding a resonator would definitely cut down on the possibility of rasp. Also it has to do a lot with muffler choice

MikeyMike

Reaction score
cut out the resonator and pre muffler. then get 2 universal 3" magnaflow mufflers... ask anyone tri-state whose come to meets.. they loved the sound my car made..

i paid $60 each for the mufflers and $200 for the pipe to replace the resonator and premuffler and install the magnaflows from an exhaust shop back in high school

Back