Dome/clock help

gabrielandre

Reaction score
Does anybody else have the problem that the dome light, even when it is set to turn on/off automatically, it doesn't do it? If so, how does this problem get fixed? I'm thinking of buying led for the interior and I just think it'd be a waste of money to buy the dome light led if it doesn't even turn on when I open the door.

Also, does anybody know what the size of the bulb for the clock is? I've searched on the Internet and I've found posts that people BELIEVE that it is T3 but I just want to make sure before I actually buy anything.

Thanks in advance.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Does anybody else have the problem that the dome light, even when it is set to turn on/off automatically, it doesn't do it? If so, how does this problem get fixed? I'm thinking of buying led for the interior and I just think it'd be a waste of money to buy the dome light led if it doesn't even turn on when I open the door.

Also, does anybody know what the size of the bulb for the clock is? I've searched on the Internet and I've found posts that people BELIEVE that it is T3 but I just want to make sure before I actually buy anything.

Thanks in advance.

Passenger multiplex can be your culprit...

gabrielandre

Reaction score
Care to expand on that? I donMt have much knowledge of all the electrical stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gabrielandre

Reaction score
By the way, this is urgent because tomorrow I will be buying the led's and I don't wanna spend extra money on a bulb that won't be on at ALL.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Care to expand on that? I donMt have much knowledge of all the electrical stuff.

The light control, like the dimming when you turn it on is controlled by the passenger fuse box multiplex (a blue box on the passengers fuse box) if its shorted out or blew a fuse for some reason the box gets the surge before it goes to the fuse and blows....basically the damage is done before the fuse blows. BUT please let me know does the dome light work at all? are all your fuses ok? and does your trunk open with the FOB key?

another member just had a similar issue but with his dimming control circuit

gabrielandre

Reaction score
My dome light works just fine, it just doesn't turn on/off when the auto option is set. All my fuses are okay, as of now. And my trunk does open with the FOB key.

FNCONE

Reaction score
My dome light works just fine, it just doesn't turn on/off when the auto option is set. All my fuses are okay, as of now. And my trunk does open with the FOB key.

For a fact i know if it stays on in the auto position its the multiplex, but if its not working at all first check the connections at the bulb the sliding tab is the power source (if i remember correctly, ground should be the screws holding the dome light up) make sure it has good contact, and with a multimeter check if there's voltage at the center position. if it does it MIGHT be your multiplex it controls the auto feature....(electrical problems are different even though its the same dome light the other member had issues with, your case might be different. When mine blew the trunk FOB feature didn't work.) maybe you can borrow a multiplex before you waste cash IT HAS to be the same part number (I don't want to tell you get one without troubleshooting it)
BUT if it works and it just doesn't have the auto feature, the passenger multiplex is something to look into (the drivers is also connected to the circuit but i blew mine 3 times and the drivers never suffered damage LOL 3 TIMES)

you can see the multiplex controls the dome light auto feature

picture.php

gabrielandre

Reaction score
I really appreciate the help. That diagram is quite helpful actually, I have this little "project" in attendance among the many others that there are. :D A thousand thanks.

FNCONE

Reaction score
I really appreciate the help. That diagram is quite helpful actually, I have this little "project" in attendance among the many others that there are. :D A thousand thanks.

De nada boricua

Back