Done!!!TSX Retrofit with switchback solid led tubes

Brad2274

Reaction score
Re: TSX Retrofit with switchback solid led tubes

fitment

back of headlight

shrouds still need work

here's test fit with clear strips(looks weird because leds arent fixed straight)

amber during day

amber at night(might not light up entire headlight like that when its all put together)

white in day

more

at night

id be done already if it wasnt for these LEDs hahah, realized they are fragile when my first set broke from bending them too tight, had to order another set all the way from china :banghead: so as you can see im using the pair with dead spots for fitting and not touching the new pair until the end lol. Also having trouble fitting the strip to the lower reflector, just broke the trim today, luckily i have 2 sets, i've been cutting a channel for the strip to slide into but it's very tricky, almost have it figured out.

As for the retros, got them mounted with screws and some channels for adjustment although they'll probably be fine, painted cutoff shields satin black, waiting to get ahold of my dads belt sander to finish that one shroud and do the other(it's a ***** with a dremel) got some jb weld and butyl so these will be the easy part.

Once everything is how i want it, i think for a paint scheme ill do a gloss black on the chrome reflector trim(similar to knightryders) but leave lower reflector chrome to keep that whole reflector area lit up better.
Then im thinking the low beam bucket also gloss black, with gunmetal shroud(same paint as my wheels) and keep that factory chrome ring around the projector glass visible.

thoughts and ideas welcome as usual :)

Brad2274

Reaction score

thanks, i just wish it it was done, i wanna finish them and install them asap hahah

HomerJay

Reaction score

thanks, i just wish it it was done, i wanna finish them and install them asap hahah
Looking good! A really clean retrofit. I know the feeling; I've had parts lying around for mine for way too long. I keep getting new ideas...and, naturally, nervous about cutting the reflector. I am aiming for what accomplished. That is, a cool switchback in that lower area and no cutting in the outer shell of the headlight.

Brad2274

Reaction score

Looking good! A really clean retrofit. I know the feeling; I've had parts lying around for mine for way too long. I keep getting new ideas...and, naturally, nervous about cutting the reflector. I am aiming for what accomplished. That is, a cool switchback in that lower area and no cutting in the outer shell of the headlight.
thanks man, ill keep you updated on how this goes, i was nervous too but ive got 4 sets of headlights so it's no biggie for me :lawl: if i figure out a good method for mounting them ill post detailed pictures and a link to the switchback strips/tubes

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

...what's nice is i can hook them up as drls and then connect the 3rd wire to my turn signals in the lower reflector ill be removing and the built in circuit board will shut the white drls off and allow the strips to flash amber and about a second after signals are off they return to white drls.

DSCN1055_zps0dd41b42.jpg

Is there just a red wire, black wire, and yellow wire? How are you running each? I’d love a wiring diagram if you get a chance to draft one up, been wanting to do something like this for a while.

Only thing I’m not sure what to do with is the corner area. I’d like to only have the switchback tube, I don’t want the strip and the corner lighting up…but then the corner might just look like empty space.

Excited to see yours in!

thanks man, ill keep you updated on how this goes, i was nervous too but ive got 4 sets of headlights so it's no biggie for me :lawl: if i figure out a good method for mounting them ill post detailed pictures and a link to the switchback strips/tubes

Shweet

Brad2274

Reaction score

Is there just a red wire, black wire, and yellow wire? How are you running each? I’d love a wiring diagram if you get a chance to draft one up, been wanting to do something like this for a while.

Only thing I’m not sure what to do with is the corner area. I’d like to only have the switchback tube, I don’t want the strip and the corner lighting up…but then the corner might just look like empty space.

Excited to see yours in!

Shweet
yet to decide a wiring path, yes the pigtails have red(white led), black(-), and yellow(amber). theres a built in relay so when yellow gets power it turns of white leds and lets the amber flash, ones power stops going to yellow then white returns after about a 2 seconds of no yellow power.
Probably gonna splice red and black to parking lights(heard that's what people do for drl) as long as they will stay on with low beams on as well.
Then run yellow to the lower reflector light im replacing with the strip. I see what you mean about the corner, im probably gonna replace mine with led bulbs or something so it all matches hahah

Brad2274

Reaction score

update! got one strip mounted the way i like it, its more level now than it is in pics. also got my projectors mounted and tested, aligned nicely :)

Any ideas on shroud colors? trim will be gloss black, keeping small ring around projectors chrome metal, low beam bucket black.

Chrome? gunmetal like the wheels? silver?

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Re: (update)TSX Retrofit with switchback solid led tubes

I like the LEDs a lot. Makes me want to do it to mine when I retrofit in a about a week. But just don't have the time since it's my only set of headlights. Oh and do chrome shrouds.

Brad2274

Reaction score
Re: (update)TSX Retrofit with switchback solid led tubes

thanks! im really leaning towards chrome, i want gunmetal but i know itd be pretty dark then.

Back