don't post pics on facebook

xluben

Reaction score
So that means I can legally sue all the kids that prnt scrn the pictures from my site and then load them onto facebook?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
^^That's what I thought as well. But regardless I have no pictures of use to them.

xluben

Reaction score
If you look at the link in the original post, it seems they reverted back to the original TOS.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the original ToS is posted partly in post #4

either way, they have licensing rights so they can use your images as they choose...even receiving money from another party to use them, just like if you sold an image to a company for its ads. you would retain the original copyright as the artist if you dealt directly with that company. facebook treats you images as if you sold them the rights of use already.

but you get no money. and facebook becomes the licensee of the photos as if you sold them to istockphoto or some other stock site.

xluben

Reaction score
What does it mean if I upload pictures to them that are 600 pix wide and have my watermark on them? I still own the originals?

turboputz

Reaction score
i could of sworn they decided to not do this because of all the hate they received from it

QFT
I read that they totally backed away from this under pressure.

I think the guy who owns FB is a real DB. He just looks for one way or another to sell out the rights to content or personal data to marketers.

Then again he probably doesn't have to go looking for those ideas.
That's capitalism.

LoveLee

Reaction score
i saw an announcement on FB a few days ago... it said they were going to come up with a way for its users to vote on the TOS what they want and dont want in it.

personally i dont care, because i dont have much to offer FB. lol

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
What does it mean if I upload pictures to them that are 600 pix wide and have my watermark on them? I still own the originals?
you would still own the original, but you would be allowing them to use pics as if you sold them usage rights (not copyright). copyright belongs to the creator, although you can let others use an image. their usage must agree with what/how you're allowing its use.

by clicking "ok" when signing up, you are signing your agreement with that policy. watermarks are photoshop-able and one could get a decent 1024px upsize from 600px...
I read that they totally backed away from this under pressure.
i had read an older post (first time i heard of it) and then found more current info which was posted later on the first page.

they are reverting to their current policy, which means "if its on there, we can use it"

Back