Door Handle lights..

cjsaccord

Reaction score
Someone fianlly did it!
I have thought about doing this before, but I agree they are a tad too bright since they are just supposed create a glow effect to the door handle.
I would recommend just using a single warm white l.e.d so it wouldn't as bright as a dome light.

Last edited:

mart1n

Reaction score

DrOwZee

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing this aswell. Keep us posted. i agree with everyone else, would nice alot nicer if it was a tad bit dimmer.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Putting a fuse in line is a good precaution. Wouldn't hurt. If you don't know what amps they will draw, try starting with something low. 5 amp or less. Maybe even 1.5 amp? I guess it depends on how they are wired. But if you can use an Ohm meter to find out before you wire them up, that would probably be best.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I also thought this would be a nice feature to have for our cars, ever since I saw BMW's. Thanks for the write up, and looking fwd to seeing the completion. GL!

LeAccord

Reaction score
Saw this feature on my friends BMW a while back too. I was going to attempt it before I stopped modding my accord.
However I was going to do it with a single led actually drilled/moulded under and into the door handle, as how they are on the BMW's, and tap it into whatever wire/fuse turns on the Parker lights so when I unlock my doors they would light up too (some trim levels).

This way, they are pretty much completely hidden/unnoticed when you put your hand on the handle and not too bright, just bright enough so that you can find the handle if you parked in a dark place.

GL with your method though!

Back