door handles

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
if you can do it yourself its not too hard of a thing to do, aside from paint. if i had a little more experience with welding and such, i might try it if i wanted to shave my handles. youd have to install the door poppers too tho.

ActNow

Reaction score
Hey Badger did you happen to try to do it yourself? I just seen this done to a feature civic in Import Tuner, I think its a dope idea! I would also rather DIY myself then have it re-painted at a shop. Couldn't we access it when you'de remove the inside door panel?

Hey look i know how to use the search option!
Bump for an old thread!

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
still havent found a good set of handles yet but thanks for reminding me

Mikey

Reaction score
Holy 2 year old thread, batman!

Matt, did you ever get around to doing this? I, too, had this thought the other day. I dont want to do both, just the passenger side.

*SIDENOTE* Will sedan outer handles fit coupes??

Mikey

Reaction score
Ima bump this. Again. I might go out on a limb and buy a sedan rear handle and try it on my coupe. If it doesnt fit....I'll figure something out, lol.

Mikey

Reaction score
Ok. Did a little research. The outer handle piece itself is sold seperate from the actual locking assembly. Im willing to bet that the locking assemblies are identical though. So one, theoretically, would only need the outer handle assembly. Since I get hook-ups, I can get it on the cheap.

I'll order it and when it comes in, I'll do a little trial and error and if **** works, I'll make a DIY about it.

13s8401_b5410.png

#21 and #33 are the rear handles. As you can see, that comes in a nice little package. #22 and #34 are the locking assemblies.

Comparing the two handles, they look to be the same shape and size. The only thing that may be of concern is the mechanism/connector for locking the doors since the front passenger door handle can lock the doors but the rear door handle cannot. Not sure if that'll be an issue or not. Probably not. As Badger said, this has been done on 4G Accords, so I imagine it can be done here. I'll either keep updates here or I'll make a DIY once I go further in depth.

Back