Double Din In-Dash Deck?

Nick1130

Reaction score
So im planning to buy a double din deck this weekend for my car, i have my eye on a pioneer avh p3200dvd. So my question is, does anyone here also has a double din? how is it with the stock speakers? How are you liking it?Did you had to buy a dash kit for it? is it bypass? did you install it yourself?if so how long did it take you?. thanks. :hide:

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Yes I have the Pioneer AVH-F900BT DVD. I have aftermarket speakers however. I had to buy a dash kit for it. With the dash kit there were some tabs that had to be removed but it fits great!

I installed it myself. Very easy to install took maybe an hour tops. I also bypassed the parking break issue so that DVD's will play with me moving. Incredibly easy. Just search the internet for the fix.

The only downside is that the pioneer systems seem to have a delay start to boot up. Don't know if its all of the models, but mine does. If you don't mind that it's awesome actually. I would suggest getting it.

Even if you have stock speakers, it will still improve the sound substantially either way.

Last edited:

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Pioneer makes awesome products, headunit installs are real easy with our cars. just remember to pop the clock out of the bezel to get to the 3rd screw and you are golden

CHID0

Reaction score
I've had a few AVIC double dins and they fit easily and perfectly with the stock brackets. I have aftermarket speakers though. I love Pioneer nav units some of the best out there IMO.

I have mine bypassed which is another great thing about pioneer units, they're soooo easy to bypass. Bypassed and installed myself probably took a few hours start to finish.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
Pioneer makes awesome products, headunit installs are real easy with our cars. just remember to pop the clock out of the bezel to get to the 3rd screw and you are golden

haha i broke my 3rd screw the first time i tried taking the bezel apart. didnt know it was behind the clock. oh well :doh:

manbear

Reaction score
i have a inaw900bt its sick navi bluetooth full 7inch all bypassed even has my ps2 hooked up to it only took about half an hour and yes you def need a dash kit its just really a lip to get it to sit perfectly love the radio i used to have a pio 4000dvd in there before .. the older model:lawl:

CHID0

Reaction score
Go to www.avic411.com or www.the12volt.com you'll find everything you need.

Bypassing the pioneer units is as easy as re-pinning one pin on the harness and grounding it, like pioneer made it available, but not really, cause of legal issues. :deal:

Back