Drawer for Second DIN Slot?

Bax

Reaction score
If you like doing little things, click on my pic in my sig, and look at all the leds in my car, lol. I know what you're talking about, just "tinkering" with stuff, pretty much, haha. I do that too.

Compeek

Reaction score
Wow, your LEDs look incredibly nice. Does it seem a whole lot better inside in the dark with white LED's instead of yellow incandescents? The pictures show it well, but it's hard to really get a feel for what that's like.

I'm not sure I have the ambition to do all of that, but I'll have to keep it in mind.

Bax

Reaction score
Thanks you. :)
And yes, I like it wayyyy better, it reminds me of my friend's old 06 civic dash.
with a black car, the yellow lights are okay, but with my tan interior, it was just too much yellow. made me think of plaque, or piss. :ugh:

The white was soo worth it though, I love it. It just looks so much cleaner. :D
The hardest part was getting the paint off of the gauge faces, and the floor shifter project. Those were the two biggest pain in the ***'s.

EDIT: just for reference, this pic here does the gauge leds the most justice. This is pretty much exactly what they look like at night. Not too bright, but bright enough to make somebody say wow, if that makes sense. lol
2e2qud2.jpg

Last edited:

Compeek

Reaction score
Haha, that makes sense. It does look pretty excellent even from the picture. Can you dim the LEDs for the gauges with the dial?

Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
Yeah I can dim them with the twist knob on the gauges, but the only thing i have yet to do is the A/C controls, b/c i am lazy and when i'm not lazy, i am busy. haha

Here are some links to some pages where i got all of my inspiration from:
http://forums.acuralegend.org/diy-t....html?s=9d6d7431075e15e3bac523711a53604e&

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showpost.php?p=702687&postcount=57

shenaniganz08 is the OG of led lighting. I learned so much just from reading over his threads, i have to give him mad credit for his DIY pages.

Last edited:

Compeek

Reaction score
I've seen at least one person who did most of the interior lights. Not sure who it was.

I'm not sure I have the ambition to do all of it, especially when I have to sand off that blue film and all, so for now I'll just keep being inspired without actually doing it. :p

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
so do you use the zune to control the tracks and such or the headunit?

in other words, can it be hidden away? can the zune block the headunit display?

Bax

Reaction score
I've seen at least one person who did most of the interior lights. Not sure who it was.

I'm not sure I have the ambition to do all of it, especially when I have to sand off that blue film and all, so for now I'll just keep being inspired without actually doing it. :p

It took around 3 and a half hours to get the blue film off of the back. :ugh:

hellfire127

Reaction score
i ran my ipod to my glovebox and left it in there. i keep my glovebox lock just in case. had to drill a hole in the bottom of the glovebox to run the ipod wire. the empty slot under my single din is too small for my ipod w case on it. i use the empty slot for my alpine headunit remote and my iphone when i drive.

Bax

Reaction score
Well its good to hear that you got it all worked out. :D

Back