Drilled or Slotted Rotors?

outsidaz2k

Reaction score
I wrote this on a different thread but it appears no one was checking it out cause its an old thread. But I need this answered before I make my decision and go get the rotors next week since I need to get this done ASAP so here it is again and I hope you guys can help me out with it:thumbup:.. mostly everyone says (from what I've read and gathered in a different thread) that slotted is the best way to go and drilled is just plain trash for a daily driver.. but i was reading on howstuffworks.com and came upon an article about the difference between drilled and slotted rotors. They wrote:

"Of course, slotted brake rotors aren't perfect, either. They tend to wear down brake pads very quickly. Because of this, the most common type of performance brake rotors found on production performance cars are of the drilled variety. While that type of construction is seen as too weak for racing applications, most everyday drivers should have no trouble with drilled rotors on their street cars and can save the slotted rotors for cars that are racetrack-bound."

They wrote the pads tend to wear quickly but does the same rules apply to ceramic? any of you guys have an input on this? cause I need to change my braking application ASAP.. heres the link if you guys want to get more in depth info on what they have to say: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-p...ke-rotors2.htm

outsidaz2k

Reaction score
Brembo blanks

/thread

:thinking: why do you think i should go with those? how much do those run for? the powerslot slotted rotors i saw were going go 66 dollars each. I don't want to come off foul I just want more input than what I should get.. Just wanna know why you do all of you good fellas believe so

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
^ +1 they're not bad at all

I think a lot of what you're reading is too many varying viewpoints on them, taken to such a degree that every single good thing people are saying about either has a negative to match it.

There could be a chance of cracking between the holes on drilled ones, so there's a plus for slotted, but to be honest buying either for non track use is a frivolous aesthetic purchase.

so ultimately, do you like the look of one more than the other? that's the only question here.

meximan16

Reaction score
brembo are the leaders in braking systems, thats y. or you can look at r1 concepts

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
imo id say slotted only because if its just a DD car then slotted is already sufficient enough to dissipate heat fast enough for ur desired stopping power. unless ur making a lot of power to the wheels and require a lot more stopping power then these are good enough.

turbo_911

Reaction score
I have plain Centric rotors and they are awesome so far (drove 400 miles) with Akebono pads. No squeaking, very minimal brake dust.

Back