Driver Courtesy Light?

FakeNsx

Reaction score
Hey guys!
I popped open the cover to my driver side door light to switch the bulb turns out i dont have the socket or the slot to put the bulb into, like what i have on the passenger side. Is there a way to buy one? :eusa_wall:

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Could it possibly have fallen into the door? I'm not sure I've even looked at that before?

schmiddr2

Reaction score
lol. It's certainly in the door. It screws in without much effort, so getting loose is not impossible. If for some reason the mounting tabs/threads are broke just glue it back in place.

FakeNsx

Reaction score
lol. It's certainly in the door. It screws in without much effort, so getting loose is not impossible. If for some reason the mounting tabs/threads are broke just glue it back in place.

Alright ! Thank you, i hope its in there. All that work for a little socket :ughrun:

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
I accidentally twisted mine when putting in a bulb and it fell through the door. Just pull up the bottom corner of the door panel and reach your hand in there. It twist locks back in.

FakeNsx

Reaction score
I accidentally twisted mine when putting in a bulb and it fell through the door. Just pull up the bottom corner of the door panel and reach your hand in there. It twist locks back in.

How would i do that? do i need to unscrew anything or does it just lift up? sorry im still new to this haha

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Remove the screw in the door pull/switches, and the screw in the door handle, then pull up on the door pull/switches so it hangs to the side, then slide the door handle forward so it unlatches but is still in place, next pull out on the door pocket at the bottom left corner of the door, should easily see the cable and screw it back in.

There are probably videos and how-to's here or on youtube.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
I didn't have to unscrew anything. I took a wide but thin flat head screwdriver, wrapped it in electrical tape, slid it under the panel just enough to get my fingers under.
There's a few of those clips holding it to the door, just pull on it a little, you don't need to take it all the way off.
The socket does a quarter turn or half turn lock into the door, righty tighty into the door. Facing the door from the inside of the car it would be lefty loosey.

Back