Driver side floor soaked

Momentum

Reaction score
Hey 6thgen

So, Basically every time it rains my driver side floor get's soaked. I also noticed that there was water dripping down above my clutch. Any idea's what could be causing this? Happens even when the car is not moving.

10548991715_68a5b1e511.jpg

10549030814_7d4c842acf.jpg

10549221763_2b01ca1719.jpg

Brad2274

Reaction score
check around and see if any of your friends have a smoke machine, close up the car with that in it and check under the hood near the firewall for the smoke

Momentum

Reaction score
check around and see if any of your friends have a smoke machine, close up the car with that in it and check under the hood near the firewall for the smoke

Haha, I'm sure there's another method I can use/do.

kn0x47

Reaction score
i'm interested in this too. mine's not that bad. only happens when im driving long distances in the pouring rain

Brad2274

Reaction score
well ofcourse, that's just a pretty straight forward one that usually works. anything added to the firewall like sound system wires and such? you could try taping papertowels as high up as you can under the dash then have someone hose the car with water while you watch for where it starts to appear, also i would concentrate on the area where the clutch pedal mounts to firewall, maybe a seal went bad there

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
Do you have a sunroof?
I had the same problem with mine a while back an found out that the hood release cable seal from the cab to the hood had went bad and the sunroof tubing was leaking over top of it and was leaking straight through the seal. If you follow the hood release cable to the side of the firewall you should be able to see if that's where it's coming in from. Also right above that cable is where the tubing feeds out behind the drivers side front tire. You can pull back the undercarriage behind that tire in the wheel well and see if the seal is broken. I also added a 2" aquarium tubing over top of the OEM tubing so it won't drip on that seal anymore.

That is if you do have a sunroof. If not I am not sure.

Here's a diagram I found before
null_zpsa07fca11.jpg

Momentum

Reaction score
Do you have a sunroof?
I had the same problem with mine a while back an found out that the hood release cable seal from the cab to the hood had went bad and the sunroof tubing was leaking over top of it and was leaking straight through the seal. If you follow the hood release cable to the side of the firewall you should be able to see if that's where it's coming in from. Also right above that cable is where the tubing feeds out behind the drivers side front tire. You can pull back the undercarriage behind that tire in the wheel well and see if the seal is broken. I also added a 2" aquarium tubing over top of the OEM tubing so it won't drip on that seal anymore.

That is if you do have a sunroof. If not I am not sure.

Here's a diagram I found before
null_zpsa07fca11.jpg

Yes! This is what I was thinking the issue was. I had a buddy mention it, I was hoping someone would elaborate more.

Brad2274

Reaction score
i was suspecting that^ but i had no idea where the sunroof drains went after the a pillar hahah

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
If you can have a person pour a little bit of water on top of your sunroof with it closed and you should be able to see it flow out. That way you can see where it is leaking out into the car. I can almost guarantee you it's going to be that hood release cable plug/cover/seal that is bad because that tubing flows right on top of it

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Yep, Daniel pretty much hit the nail on the head. Accords are notorious for leaky sunroof drains. Like he said, trace everything to that point then have a friend lightly run a hose over your roof and find the leak.

Back