Driver side window problems

shavedaccord

Reaction score
No experience with power windows at all.. they seem to be a nightmare.. so..

I was outside working on the car while it's down and noticed my driver side windows is a pain in the *** when it rolls up. It seems to tilt towards the front of the car when you start to roll it up about 5-6 inches up and gets extremely slow and stays that way till it's rolled up fully... I looked at the tracks and they don't appear to have any clips etc.. holding it in the tracks.. so my question is what the hell is happening and how to fix it?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Well I lubed the **** out of the tracks and it doesn't jump anymore.. 100% better but it still a tad slow.. or seems like it

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
its a matter of time... lol mine did the same before i got fed up with it and just replaced it. when you start getting an air leak because it doesnt go up all the way even though it looks like its up all the way then it'll go out on you soon.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
what did you lube the tracks with? wd40?
NEVER use wd40 to lube rubber it will break them down over time.. Always use a Silicone based lubricant. I used Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray.

image.php

Jean-loup

Reaction score
My driver window on my coupe dropped in the door yesterday! lol got the door trim out and window is still in 1 piece, but imma get it out asap so it wont explode in my door.. I think something about the motor blew up lol

Back