Drop Suggestions?

Nick1130

Reaction score
Look what came in today guys ! Shout out to KEN !

scaled.php

scaled.php

Now, This is my accord, with a set of 15" rims. i cant afford to buy 17" or 18" yet, gotta wait til next month. so i was wondering how low should i go with them? Im thinking 2.75 front and 2.25 rear? i just want less wheel gap as possible. Im new to all of this so excuse my stupidity. :lolhitting:

bfbgp.jpg

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
With 15 inch wheels you have to go pretty low for there to be no wheel gap. Anyhow don't worry about inches because once the coilovers are on you can't really measure how many inches your droping it. Inches is mostly used for lowering springs that come at a set drop obviously. So I say just throw them on and count the threads on each coilover until you are at the height you think looks good just make sure both rears and both fronts are at the same height.

1slosedan

Reaction score
Go all the way down in the front, and about a half inch up from bottom in the back. Be dumped and enjoy it :beer:

1slosedan

Reaction score
That would be pretty much on the frame and dumb.

I just figured it would be more practical to start low, and find where your comfortable starting from the low and going up. But thanks for calling my idea dumb, I'll go back to dumping an STI and poking the wheels :ugh2:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
iono how it is on an sti, but with accords, if you go all the way down, your subframe would be 2in from the ground .. if not, less .. from someone driving stock height, i wouldnt recommend going that low to start off .. what i did was measured the difference between the stock struts, and adjusting the coils from there. lowering your car 3" to start with should be more than enough, and if ypu want to go lower from there, then try it :thumbsup:

Sexi4draccord

Reaction score
ok u could go really go with those...i have the same one...look at my members ride thread see if u want to be that low?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I just figured it would be more practical to start low, and find where your comfortable starting from the low and going up.

Really one should do the exact opposite of that. Get comfortable at a reasonable height/slight drop, then go lower after you get the feel for it. It's also better to start higher than lower because you can then start seeing how much clearance you have with the places you go every day, and you can find out how low you can actually go and still get around.

Back