dropped driving experience

handmedown

Reaction score
so i am new heres and plannin on dropping my car. and after searchin searchin i decided to go with a new spring/shock set up instead of coilovers

but my main concerns for dropping is the driving experience. in my case, i live in las vegas where there are not-so-smooth roads, a lot of construction areas, and drive over many (and different types) speed bumps during my daily commute.
o and i also make frequent trips to LA/san fernan valley (which also has not so smooth roads)

i was originally lookin at 1.5" drop [h&r sport/tein s-tech]
and then i came across ksport springs which offers 2.5/2.25 drop for cheaper on ebay

sooo i was wonderin if anyone w/ around a 2.5" drop and drives around a place with not-so-great roads, please tell me your input. thanks much in advance :D

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
i've had a 3.5" drop and i live in NYC...some of the worst roads ever...i think i might have bent my sub frame lmao...currently at 2.5" and i don't really scrape or hit anything anymore. it could be that i avoid every single pot hole and road imperfections if possible. the ride quaility really depends on your spring rate. i have 12k(Front)/8k(rear) so that's pretty stiff. yes it's bumpy...if you want decent ride quaility, good coilovers would be tien basics. i don't know much about springs and shocks but most people get tokico blues for shocks.

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
i live in NY and have mine dropped over 3" ofcourse you will scrape and all that good stuff but u either have to deal with it or not drop it so much....yes...coilovers are much more expensive but if u dont like your 2.5 drop you can always go back up to the 1.5 drop and if you dont like it ither you can also go in between....you dont have that flexibility with springs....

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
i live in NY and have mine dropped over 3" ofcourse you will scrape and all that good stuff but u either have to deal with it or not drop it so much....yes...coilovers are much more expensive but if u dont like your 2.5 drop you can always go back up to the 1.5 drop and if you dont like it ither you can also go in between....you dont have that flexibility with springs....

yea you have no idea how many times i've adjusted my coilovers to get the right height. coils are definitely worth the few extra bucks. a lot of the springs/shocks owners will agree after they bought their set up and don't like the drop.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
if its 2.5" you need to at least be more careful with speedbumps, and especially raised manholes.

you won't be scraping all the time or anything, but you cant just drive over anything like we can with a 4x4 accord. just learn how to drive "dropped". you'll be fine.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
You definitely be okay with the k-sport gt springs. I'm currently using them and have no problems. You just have to watch out for things like Kevin mentioned above, speedbumps,raised manholes, potholes, etc.

I would recommend changing out your struts for something other than stock. I'm using the tokico hp's and they work great with these springs. Its a pretty smooth ride if you have enough meat on your tires.

oneloudaccord

Reaction score
if its 2.5" you need to at least be more careful with speedbumps, and especially raised manholes.

you won't be scraping all the time or anything, but you cant just drive over anything like we can with a 4x4 accord. just learn how to drive "dropped". you'll be fine.

+1... my F2's Type 1 are wonderful dropped with less than a finger space all around. I was thinking about getting that bumper sticker on ebay "I'm not drunk, I just avoid potholes" because of the way I drive sometimes.

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
yeah also on ksport gt springs and tokico hp, stiff ride, but not too bad, also watchout for railroad tracks... and you will be swerving alot... they be actin' like they, they be actin' like they drunk

Accord_Sleeper

Reaction score
Okay, what side of vegas exactly do you live? Its really not that bad compared to cali., unless you live on the northern side of town.

Back