Dual, MTX setup. Anybody have any experience?

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used any of these?
If so, let me know how you liked it.
Installing them all tonight, about midnight.

DUAL Flip-down headunit, with aux and usb and cd
DUAL-Head-Unit.jpg

2 12" MTX Terminators TNE212D 2Ohm, preenclosed
MTX_Terminator_TNE212D.jpg

MTX Jackhammer JH300 amp
MTX%20JackHammer%20JH300%20Car%20Amplifier.jpg

i had them in for like 2 days before winter, but never really got to listen to them. putting them in for good later

J30MAN

Reaction score
my friend just installed those identical subs in his Cobalt and they tear that little american car apart.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
haha almost my exact set up

dual flip down head unit. bought it used for 60 about a year ago. today it wouldnt read cds so i had to reset it. the only problem ive had out of it. other than that its pretty nice and easy to use. sounds good.

my subs are the 12in mtx roadthunders w a 400 or 600 watt (not exactly sure) amp and they bang pretty good.

just noticed you posted a jackhammer amp. yeah your gonna bang.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
my friend just installed those identical subs in his Cobalt and they tear that little american car apart.

goooooood :)

.....my subs are the 12in mtx roadthunders w a 400 or 600 watt (not exactly sure) amp and they bang pretty good.

just noticed you posted a jackhammer amp. yeah your gonna bang.

even better!
t-minus 3 hours until poundtown!

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
300 rms :eh:
theyre supposed to be getting 200 RMS each.
but my buddy had them in his 93 civic and they sounded alright

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
300 rms :eh:
theyre supposed to be getting 200 RMS each.
but my buddy had them in his 93 civic and they sounded alright

i was told it runs 350RMS because they underclocked them and theyve been tested and its really like 348RMS for the amp
and the subs actually run at 175RMS a piece

but who knows

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
personal opinion i wouldent touch dual with a 40 foot pole, and same goes for mtx, but you gotta start some where, i started with way worse stuff then that, gotta love the pepboys spx specials, but i got really into sound system moved up to kicker, now im really into spl and am the proud owner of some DC Level 4s :) hope it is all to your liking man

imaricer:)

Reaction score
personal opinion i wouldent touch dual with a 40 foot pole, and same goes for mtx, but you gotta start some where, i started with way worse stuff then that, gotta love the pepboys spx specials, but i got really into sound system moved up to kicker, now im really into spl and am the proud owner of some DC Level 4s :) hope it is all to your liking man

dual is pretty damn good for a generic brand. i was reluctant at 1st. but it was a deal, 60 bux for aux input xm radio and mp3/wma cd player.

wtf is wrong with MTX?

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
dual is pretty damn good for a generic brand. i was reluctant at 1st. but it was a deal, 60 bux for aux input xm radio and mp3/wma cd player.

wtf is wrong with MTX?

its all personal preference man, to me dual feels cheep and all my friends who have wasted money on them haven't had them last longer then a year, the buttons feel cheep and its all just poorly made imo, i personally wouldn't waste the 60 bux on it, i also dont like how they look in general, i actually dont even really like any single din radios any more after getting my double din, and as far as mtx goes i just dont like how they sound, they arnt really made that well, and once they blow thats it, the magnets have next to nothing to them, the only mtxs i have seen that impressed me was jackhammer line i seen back when circuit city was around, not the giant 22" jackhammer the 12" ones, but im just not a big fan of them.

you also need to understand i do spl those mtxs might be great for being a daily driver just not for me.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
Thank you for detailed reply.
I have warranty on subs also. Headunit was bought for me so I could very well get a double. Always wanted one.

Back