Duplicolor Caliper Paint kit

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Hope you got some paint left over... You'll have to touch it up after about a year...

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Good,

I used dupli color the very first time. It didn't last a year before I had to touch up the chipping, and the fading.... :(

But I went G2 the second time, and OMG it kicks ***.. lol

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Good,

I used dupli color the very first time. It didn't last a year before I had to touch up the chipping, and the fading.... :(

But I went G2 the second time, and OMG it kicks ***.. lol

Yeah, like i said in my review, i'm not all that happy with it. I mean, it looks fine but i really could have done it for less. Plus i found the kit goes for half of what i paid. But yeah, i wouldn't recommend it, although i would steer somebody away either.

I'll just use duplicolor engine paint from now on. I think it would have actually been quicker as well.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I'll just use duplicolor engine paint from now on. I think it would have actually been quicker as well.

I always use the duplicolor engine paint for calipers. I like the cast iron gray. It's $3, add a can of brake clean, and a wire brush and you're set. I pop the caliper off and hang it from a wire on the spring, throw a drop cloth over the suspension and rotor and paint away. Takes 30 minutes per side. With 2 coats on it will last a year or more depending on how hot you get the brakes.

Back