Dynamat?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
EliteStyles6th said:
ive got it wrapped in the trunk. not the entire.. but just where the bumper is at, and the trunk lid. no rattle at all...EXCEPT my oem spoiler. sh*t rattles like a bitch. still tryin to figure out how get rid of it. prob double layer might do it. i dunno yet.
-Elitestyles
yeah, that spoiler sure does rattle. some know-it-all wannabe dude was like, "your license plate is rattling." and i said "nope, sorry, its the spolier." anyone think dynamat/edead/brown bread etc would/could help this? the rattle is coming from about 3 inches to the left of the brake light on the bottom. my rear carpet thing where the rear speakers are rattles real bad. its all i can hear inside at certain frequencies. gotta fix that too...

Alizezaccord

Reaction score
Yea I talked to this one guy on cardomain and he put dynamat everywhere; inside the bumper, rear panel, license plate, fender walls, trunk lid, all around the trunk etc and he said it stop it. Try those places. You can also buy the liquid spray for those problems. The undercoating spray at NAPA and stores in relation with them, have some good materials of different sprays you can use. When you lay the dynamat try going 2 layers. Im doing that as we speak

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
EliteStyles6th said:
still tryin to figure out how get rid of it. prob double layer might do it. i dunno yet.
-Elitestyles

Maybe you could use some rubber washers in between the spoiler and the trunk lid. I wish I could help you more, but I don't have a spoiler to see how it is mounted to the trunk.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
Maybe you could use some rubber washers in between the spoiler and the trunk lid. I wish I could help you more, but I don't have a spoiler to see how it is mounted to the trunk.
heres the weird thing: honda issued a recall on the spoilers way back saying that they would vibrate and cause the paint to wear off the trunklid, so they had the dealers install little rubber bushings. my bushings are sticking out, so i dont know if theyre shot or what. it was one of the first things i saw on the car when i was looking to buy it (dont know why). i think the spoiler itself rattles, because when i lift up on it with the stereo on, it goes away. i have to put the pressure on a certain spot on the bottom of the wing. something inside might be rattling, but im not sure. i might have to figure out another set of rubber bushings. yet another thing to add for spring. the list is about a page long, and its just small stuff. fun fun!

EliteStyles6th

Reaction score
yup! ryan is right. i tried to get sum type of cushing for it, didnt work. tried moving the hinge/lock for the trunk further down, nuthin. the best thing to do is too take it off...(which is not happenin!), or get sum pressure upward toward the brake light, (like a fabricate a middle stud for the spoiler.) i just might double mat the area where the spoiler meets the trunk...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
EliteStyles6th said:
the best thing to do is too take it off...(which is not happenin!)
or you could get a bad b!tch wing like this and be a BAMF
JDMOdyssey.jpg

ahahaha i love this pic and i cant make it any smaller! oh im dying of laughter cause its so big and photobucket wont resize it sorry guys hahaha

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
HMM, I can't see it now, its so small. I think you shrunk it too much. :D
hehe im still giggling at how goofy big it is. my monitro is 1280x1024 and its still off the screen haha. photobucket says is 22kb and 433xsomething, but my computer says it 2726x1913. whew thats big. photobucket just wont make it smaller!:mad:

NINaudio

Reaction score
Ideally you will want to seal off the space between the two layers of the trunk with silicone or something like that before you put the dynamat or other deadener on. I will try to find pics of it later, but if you look at the trunk, you will see the stampings on the underside don't meet up with the surface of the trunk, there's maybe 1/4 to 1/3 inch between them. Sealing that will work wonders to eliminate rattles....

Alizezaccord

Reaction score
I just finished installing my dynamat on my trunk lid yesterday and I must say that it is a big improvement. I used it in combination with this undercoating spray that I purchased from NAPA. I put 3 layers on the trunk lid than I applied to layers of dynamat extreme. I noticed the difference right away. I eliminated all of my rattle in the trunk now I just have to do my aftermarket back bumper.

Back