E-Brake cable rusted and severed...

Chris Vu

Reaction score

Sedare

Reaction score
1. Double post... lol
2.I am in central North Dakota. The nearest junk yard with a v6 manual 98-02 is over 200 miles away. So ebay is my first option. If I must, I will take 3 days off and head to the twin cities and get a decent one.

Last edited:

Sedare

Reaction score
This is where you went wrong in the first place. Go to a junkyard and pull another and stop acting stupid and reckless.

Stupid is defined as - lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.

Reckless is - utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action; without caution; careless.

Learning how to control my vehicle is at best, responsible. I say playfully, but what I should have said was, I use whatever tool available to help me maintain 100% control of my vehicle at all times. USING a parking brake while driving in hazardous situations has prevented a major accident 2 times in my life. NEITHER of them because I was acting "Stupid and reckless".

So by asking what brand is going to work the best... I am not asking because I am some no talent *** clown looking to get a durable jerk chain to whip my car around corners into a line of walking 3 yearolds from daycare going to a park. Get real. I am looking for quality inexpensive parts that are going to be consistant in usage, and dependable when I need them.

Im not upset at you for what you said. But I had to clarify since there are countless retards that take cars for joy rides with the Y.O.L.O. mentality, and thats all she wrote. I am not one.

If you would kindly answer my question, it would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Sedare

Reaction score
4 disc brake on my 2.3L 5 lug hub no ABS.

Is the parking brake supposed to lock both rear pads or just one wheel?
Where does this connect to the car since I dont have the old one to look at.

mrnude

Reaction score
4 disc brake on my 2.3L 5 lug hub no ABS.

Is the parking brake supposed to lock both rear pads or just one wheel?
Where does this connect to the car since I dont have the old one to look at.

It locks both back wheels that's why you use the handbrake when you "drift" not that I tried it.
Although you can power slide without the e brake

Sedare

Reaction score
Yeah I did some looking on google and on the car itself finally.... (I would have done this before I posted originally... but here in north dakota we STILL have 3 feet of snow on the ground) and found something very frustrating.

The mechanic that informed me that when he worked on the suspension last year, told me that he removed the bad cables because they were "rusted through". So now that my driveway is back to gravel for the first time since November, I jacked it up and low and behold... the cables were all still there, but only disconnected from the unit on each wheel. So I dont need new cables, I only assume that he just disconnected them and charged me for the removal time. I cant complain because I checked the cables, and only the ends had surface rust. So I brushed them off, and although I have not reattached yet, (since I need to clean the brake mechanisms on each wheel yet, they are very surface rusty also) I at least know the cables are good.

GO AWAY SNOW I HAVE WORK TO DO.

And to think. All this hassle could have been avoided if I had just done the work right the first time, myself.

Last edited:
Back