E-Brake On Under Acceleration

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Lol you're low on brake fluid. Could also possibly mean you need new brake pads.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
It's the brake fluid, top it off and you should be good to go. Happened to me 2 months ago and i made a thread on it already if you didn't search lol.

Brad2274

Reaction score
had the same problem, id accelerate and the light would come on, i added a splash of dot 3 brake fluid to the reservoir and it hasnt happened since:D just make sure you dont have dot 5 fluid, if you do you can only add dot 5, if its not 5 then you can use either dot 3 or 4

jdm egizzle 6

Reaction score
I had that similar problem difference is, now its on all the time, my brakes are good. I have concluded that it has to be my brake fluid resorvor cap(how ever its spelled). I took mine out and that float thing on it moves but is cracked on the tubular thing it moves on. haven't found one yet so can't say for sure that's the problem.

Cradle

Reaction score
Ahh, I've been having this issue in cold weather, too! It's been bugging me. Thanks for the tips, will try adding fluid to see if the light goes away. :)

jdm egizzle 6

Reaction score
So mine was confirmed! I was right it was my cap light went away after switching it and work like normal(when e brake is pulled)

Back