e36 or no

Twobit

Reaction score
I might be sellin my pimp es300, think I should swap it off for an e36 bmw? Preferably a coupe, but if it's a black 4 dr I don't think I will mind, I've seen some sick 4 drs also. Let me know what yall think, and if you've had one how are the manual trans'. Last long? How bout mechanical problems...any severe problems I'd have to look for or know before buying one? Thanks guys!!

angelplus

Reaction score
Twobit said:
I might be sellin my pimp es300, think I should swap it off for an e36 bmw? Preferably a coupe, but if it's a black 4 dr I don't think I will mind, I've seen some sick 4 drs also. Let me know what yall think, and if you've had one how are the manual trans'. Last long? How bout mechanical problems...any severe problems I'd have to look for or know before buying one? Thanks guys!!

IMO, i love e36s, but I doubt they last that long. My friend actually had a m3 e36 and he's had to fix half the stuff on his car! So, thats up to you, do you want to put a lot of money into an old car?

But if its the right price, then go for it. the old e36 m3's are unbelieveable, and they put out great numbers.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I had an E36 and I LOVE IT!!!!
You will love the torque and the handling. BUT....you will hate maintaince costs. Any information you need let me know. I should still have some info saved or can direct you in the right path.
One thing I must suggest. Do not...DO NOT... get anything lower than a 325. Anthing less and you'll have no power. The 328 is great and the M3 is even better. they are Very easy to mod and you can get some decent power, but the parts are expensive.
Click here for pics of mine when I had it

angelplus

Reaction score
blacknight said:
I had an E36 and I LOVE IT!!!!
You will love the torque and the handling. BUT....you will hate maintaince costs. Any information you need let me know. I should still have some info saved or can direct you in the right path.
One thing I must suggest. Do not...DO NOT... get anything lower than a 325. Anthing less and you'll have no power. The 328 is great and the M3 is even better. they are Very easy to mod and you can get some decent power, but the parts are expensive.
Click here for pics of mine when I had it

Yeah, m3's are amazingly easy to mod. I remember helping my bud with his suspension, and we had that bitch done in less then two hours. Great to work on becuase in the engine bay, theres a bucket load of room, and the engine is just straight up secksy. If I were you, I'd look for a 96 - 97 m3. They're hawt as hell.

Twobit

Reaction score
Never would get an M3 unless I lived somewhere south. Not to mention if I didn't work for BMW service to get parts, I wouldn't spend half an ey elookin for one. Thats why Im not. Im stickin to a 325iS or 325I preferably in black, but if not w/e. My friend works for the service department for BMW so he can help me out if I need any parts also, he's also good on workin with bmws. Found a 325iS 72k miles 5spd man for 6500 but sold the day I emailed the guy :-\. Id like to spend around 6k for a iS or I, but if it's alittle over im on with it. My car now is a 2000 lexus es300. Just hit 68k miles runs like it's brand new and interior/exterior is in great shape. If I sell it, i'd hope to get 12k or anywhere around it. If no1 decides to buy it, I have a place that give me cash for my cars, he offered a solid 10k for it. Nothing more nothing less. So I need some $$ for school, but same time i'd like to use alittle bit on the Bimmer to make it more appealing to my eye, and experience throughout owning the car. Let me know what yall think

jcanni

Reaction score
i like the e46's better. id get the 325 xi all-wheel drive. u should just stick with what you have imo.

Twobit

Reaction score
Too much $$, Im only lookin to spend 7k or less and puttin a few things in it. Not money bags here cmaaan haha

Don't get me wrong I love the e46 but it's $$$ and don' tneed to spend a ****load when im prob gona be sellin it after this summer..

Back