Easy way to pull off bottom half of the door panel?

imitchellg5

Reaction score
Today I was replacing the courtesy light on the driver's side of my coupe. As soon as I pushed the new light in, the socket fell back into the door panel. Is there an easy way to get to just that part of the door without taking the whole thing apart? I just need a tiny bit of clearance to push it back into the hole. Thanks in advance.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
just use the same steps in taking the panel off...and after all the screws and bolts aren't holding it in place, just pull the bottom and work your way up until you have enough room.

slowrider87

Reaction score
it only take 30 seconds to take that panel off enough to reach in and twist that light back in the socket.you probably wouldn't even have to take any screws out (although i personally would considering its only two. just tug on the bottom or use a screwdriver if you're not worried about maybe leaving a small scratch that noone can see, now it's loose, find the light, feel around for the hole. put it in the hole, enjoy seeing the light.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
^^^ +1 .. just take the whole thing off again and place it back correctly ... if it popped out its because you didn't lock it in place

imitchellg5

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'll just do it the proper way since it doesn't seem too hard. I had to take the door panel off of my mom's Legacy a month or so ago and it was a nightmare.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Accord panels are just a few clips on the bottom, shouldn't be hard. If you take the whole thing off though, you must remove door lever and screw, and door handle and screw.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
these are some of the easiest door panels ever to remove :lawl:

at the absolute most, remove the tab/cover inside the door pull to get to that screw. just be careful pulling on the lower section--it's plastic "welded" to the upper half and anything plastic in the car loves to break. you wont need to remove the whole thing.

imitchellg5

Reaction score
Did it today, I got away with just pulling a few clips out. But, just for grins, I ended up pulling the whole panel off, and yes, it was very easy (almost too easy, if you know what I mean :D).

As an aside, I love how somethings that are impossible or a pain in the butt to do on other cars are so easy on the 6G Accord, such as removing door panels or the center console, yet things like the cabin air filter can be a pain in the butt to replace.

Back